• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White Painted Hutch Interiors ?

You mean at the show or at the breeders :? I don't think that's a standard thing for breeders to do.

In a lot of photos I have seen on Breeder's websites the interior of the hutches are often painted white.

:?

Janex

Are they US ones? I haven't seen any white interiors either :? Maybe its a particular manufacturer.

Painting (or varnishing) the wood makes it easier to clean and I guess white comes in big pots :lol:

Tamsin

Are they US ones? I haven't seen any white interiors either :? Maybe its a particular manufacturer.

Painting (or varnishing) the wood makes it easier to clean and I guess white comes in big pots :lol:

Tamsin

Maybe someBuns would prefer a nice magnolia !! :lol:

No, the one's I have seen are in the UK

Janex :)

It's a nice idea - if it was a guinea pig hutch you could hang little pictures up near the top too, and a chandelier :p

It's a nice idea - if it was a guinea pig hutch you could hang little pictures up near the top too, and a chandelier :p

Not quite a chandelier but along those lines! I drew the line at painting their walls and dado rail!:D

IMG_0851.jpg

You're right, alot of breeders do - never seen the point of it myself :? I think its just to protect the wood - mainly from randy buck spray :mrgreen:

Is the inside of my hutch a little over the top then? I thought my buns would like a room with a view :lol:

Picture184.jpg

I have a hutch pained white inside, but admit I prefer that colour over my green ones on the inside.

ta Fifibutton :thumb: it painted it magnolia but it looked like a hospital so I got creative :lol: It was gloomy and dark before.

I have been inspired by Duchesses interiors and last week put up a little bunny mirror carpeted shelf and a mickey mouse clock :shock: I have the Beatrix Potter stickarounds to put up too :lol: My buns seem to prefer their decor now :oops: :lol:

Back