• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging up litter tray!???

shel20

Alpha Buck
Hi guys! Well bobs n alfie are settled into their new home on my terrace! but...........they have a large washing up bowl with littler and hay as a poop tray and a corner litter in the ohter end of their hutch but bobby keeps on digging out hte litter and causing such a mess....literally i clean it up and seconds later hes done it again?? why is this.he has a dig box?

Perhaps he's trying to tell you that his dig box should be where his litter tray is. Buns do like things just so:), although one of mine is inclined to take the paper out of the bottom of her litter tray and put it on top of the straw/hay. If you don't put paper in the bottom then she just throws the other stuff out. :lol:

maybe its because iv swapped things round! nowty little thing! ha they are funny how they do little things to tell u they are in charge!:lol:

Naughty bunster :lol:

I try to clean mine out daily but on the odd occasion when I haven't, the next day it has always been dug out :roll: I guess mine don't like a dirty litter tray! They never ever do it when it is cleaned daily! Fusspots

:lol:but iv changed it round for the better, he always sat in the same scorner tray and looked out, so i put the big washing up bowl litter that has lots more room to chill in their instead as that was in the enclosed bed bit and they rarely go in there, so they would have more room ! if only they understood my logic!!:lol::lol::roll:

:lol:Yep they dont like it dirty! id just clened it that very minute..stood bakc proud of a lovely clean hutch
...........then its awash with pellets!!! Bobby u drive me insain!

Mine do that if I'm not quick enough cleaning it out, they do it themselves:lol: The same with the hay, that gets chucked out too if its been there too long:roll::lol:

I would get them a few underbed storage boxes full of hay/litter, and leave them to it - my girls have dug their litter trays up this week looking for fresh hay (it has to be just this thing they dig around looking for - a seed head? I have no idea - I've cut their pellets back and they're eating a ton more hay :roll:) I've had to sweep the shed and clean out 3 times :?

Back