• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just heard this about rabbits on the radio... :-(

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
It was an opening advert for one of the chat shows on galaxy:

"Did you know rabbits can live in the house? I thought they were supposed to be in a hutch in the garden, you let them out and and let the kids play with them. We're talking about how to discipline a bad rabbit....if it bites put a hannible lecter mask on it or show it some carrots, onion and gravy'

What utter pigs :evil::censored::evil::censored:

After all the hard work Tracy put in yesterday too :cry:

Last edited:
:censored::censored:

Why do people still think that's funny. It's like laughing about animal abuse. They wouldn't laugh if it was a dog kept in tiny kennel in the garden and never let out.

It was an opening advert for one of the chat shows on galaxy:

"Did you know rabbits can live in the house? I thought they were supposed to be in a hutch in the garden, you let them out and and let the kids play with them. We're talking about how to discipline a bad rabbit....if it bites put a hannible lecter mask on it or show it some carrots, onion and gravy'

What utter pigs :evil::censored::evil::censored:

After all the hard work Tracy put in yesterday too :cry:

:roll: :evil:

'show it some carrots,onion and gravy'- Oh how origional :roll:

Janex

:censored::censored:

Why do people still think that's funny. It's like laughing about animal abuse. They wouldn't laugh if it was a dog kept in tiny kennel in the garden and never let out.

The three presenters thought it was a riot :roll::roll:

It made my blood boil listening to them. :evil:

:evil: Morons

I'm not surprised though... when I mentioned to a few people yesterday about going on the radio to talk about rabbits I got all of usual 'put them in a pie' jokes... how original :roll:

I think someone posted yesterday too about hearing someone on Galaxy talking about house rabbits, I wonder if it was the same clip :?

I was listening too! I didn't get overly worked up about it to be honest, just thought it was typical of most people's attitudes :roll:

good job noone on this forum work in my office, i reakon you all would probably get done for murder with the rabbit jokes i get aimed at me :roll:

altho im guilty of it too, i always threaten alvin with the pot :oops::oops:

i didnt hear the clip myself tho im too busy sneaking on the internet to have the radio on too :lol::lol::lol:

It's not so bad if it's a little joke with in the confines of a private environment but airing it over a public radio station just helps carry on the bad rep rabbits have. It might make people who were thinking about doing better for their rabbit feel foolish and change their mind.

I heard most of it (I put a thread on here)
It was a bit "rabbit stew and Glen Close:roll:" but the sound bite is not a good representation of what was said, saying that they are a bit OTT on there
A lady called Bev rang about her house rabbit and was given a pretty fair say

That really :censored: me off.

I was at the OH's parents a couple of weekends ago and one of their relatives who lives in canada was there also.

I needed rabbit food so we nipped upto P@H to get some and when we came back this guy turned round and said 'I don't understand why you keep rabbits, they taste wonderful'. :censored: :censored:

I was so :censored: angry (and OH knew it) that I had to be taken for a walk to calm down.

It just :censored: winds me up when people think it's ok to say things like that and how when they do say it it's like it's never been said before.

oooh hahaha :censored: off :censored: :censored:

(it's made me all angry now)

H xx

im assuming people complained cus ive had galaxy on for a few hours now and no sign of the clip... unless galaxy brum is different to everyone elses and its not played here...

dont let it get to you, galaxy presenters are massive morons with the IQ of a pickled egg. every day i have to listen to them at work and think why, why, why are they being paid to spout this rubbish when there are nurses, teachers etc not getting anything near the pay they deserve.

i realise it is frustrating having them set back the cause of animal welfare though. breathe!

I needed rabbit food so we nipped upto P@H to get some and when we came back this guy turned round and said 'I don't understand why you keep rabbits, they taste wonderful'. :censored: :censored:
Apparently rabbit isn't a very nutritious meat, if you try to subsist on it, you die... I saw it on QI!

QI transcript

So the correct response is, "Fine, eat bunny and die, you :censored::censored:" :D

Back