• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why are some rabbits such a pain

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:roll:

Lucky is ill but we don't know why :(

He went to see the vet on monday, had a full examination including back teeth by Claire.

Conclusion was he was slightly tender on his back and his liver was slightly enlarged but she did say that he might just have a slightly bigger liver.

He's got some metacam to try for a week if he is sore anywhere and see how he gets on.

Next step is a blood profile if theres no improvement.

I just know there is something wrong with him despite the fact he's eating normally and moving around, sounded quite stupid telling the vet something wasn't 'right'

If i were you i'd take him back. At the end of the day you are the one who knows your bunny the best so you know if he isnt quite right
Hope he is ok soon :wave:

When was he last wormed?

I would have thought you would need to give Metacam with caution if he was presenting with possible liver issues.

When was he last wormed?

I would have thought you would need to give Metacam with caution if he was presenting with possible liver issues.

I wondered that :? Wormed at the end of March, think it was the 20th

He's going to come along to our appointment tomorrow morning as he's not made any change :(

Its a rabbit thing isn't it? :( I can tell when of them is not well just by looking at them, its something in they eyes and I don't need posture to give it away. Vets do realise though that owners know their pets best. Telling him that you know something is not right is enough to make him realise you are serious. The only annoying thing I've ever found about rabbits is how much they try to hide being ill. Its like they shut down and go into denial thinking " I'm not ill, I'm just going to sit here and pretend I'm not". Poor wee souls.

***VIBES*** for Lucky, hopefully you'll find out soon what it is and how it can be treated.

I think blood tests are definitely the way to go.

An enlarged liver can't be good news, right? Do you think he could have eaten a poisonous plant such as Ragwort?

Back