• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

claudes not well :( / Hes better now :)

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I fed the buns as normal tonight all was fine
just gone in to give them there last bits of supper and claude is all streched out he has had bouts of gassy tum prob before but not for about 2 years
he has had some infacol and tummy rubs has produced some strange poo with fur in it im just trying to get him to run around in the bedroom but hes hid under the bed:(

Last edited:
if he still looks as if he's in pain it may be best to take him to a vet.

Will he now move ok and eat something tasty..maybe he has eaten his moulting hair when grooming himself
Hope he's ok

hope he feels better soon.. if you cant get him moving or taking water i really think you should go to the vets... Alvin went down hill very rapidly the other weekend even after a gut stimulant and i think emergancy vets are worth thier weight in gold.... altho you need to rob a bank to pay them :shock:

If it wont stress him too much syringe feeding some warm water should stop any trichobezoars forming in his GI tract....the hair indicates its slowed down somewhat.

Well was going to leave him untill midnight if not better ring the vets but he just ate a bit of hay a little bit of carrot and apple will leave him for a bit now as he got a bit stressed with trying to syringe him can he have anymore infacol? he had 0.2ml at 10pm and 0.2ml at 11.30 pm

Simethicone is inert so its virtually impossible to OD on it. The only concern I would have is the sweetners, I think I recall it containing Saccharine? Can you actually feel a gas pocket in his tummy?

Hes ok now!!!!:D This is only the 5th time this has happened! but not for 2 years now
he is happily munching hay now hes just eaten some carrot,cucumber and some pellets,i knew he was ok when i poped my head round the door and he got up on his back legs and was begging!!!!!

Back