• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh NO! Oliver is an Oliva!!.....what to do?? HELP !

leoandoliver

Young Bun
We just returned from the new bunny vet to find that Oliver is a girl. :shock:

The vet did concur that they were between 10-12 wks old and that Leo is in fact a boy. We were able to spot his bits easily......he said to spearate them very soon.......He would rather wait to spay and nueter both around 6 months old. Any suggestions on separting, re bonding them later etc. would be helpfull!They are in a double decker cage that could be converted to two separate floors but would this still allow them to smell each other. We hope to eventually get them back together and i fear they will be so lonsome from being apart as they love to snuggle, play and do everything together now.

If his boy bits have dropped he can be neutered as long as he is a decent weight. Four months is fine rather than six.

You'll need to separate them now. I don't know about splitting up the cage, not because they can small each other but because you will be curtailing their space. Maybe it might be worth investing in another hutch/run to give them the extra space. You will need to keep them appart for 8 weeks after he is done.

Will it be difficult to rebond them after all this is done. My vet would rather wait until 6 months to nueter until he is bigger but I was thinking of asking him to do the boy earlier so he would be all set by the time the girl can be done. Or would it still be best to bring them together??

Back