• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

West Wales willow hay

I've not ordered the West Willows stuff before, but Lynne was telling me a while ago that the Dust Free stuff is much cheaper if you drive down to Norman and collect it, even when you factor in the petrol :thumb:

I've not ordered the West Willows stuff before, but Lynne was telling me a while ago that the Dust Free stuff is much cheaper if you drive down to Norman and collect it, rather than getting it sent by courier, even if you factor in the petrol :thumb:

I hadn't thought about that. He's only in Derbyshire isn't he?

I'll email Norman tomorrow I think

West Wales Willows hay works out about the same price as getting a large bale of Oxbow. Dust Free Hay works out much cheaper. :)

I get mine from west wales and always wear a dust mask (from DIY section at wilkos) when dishing out the hay - dust is inevitable I think :)

oh so it's quite dusty then?

It'll have to be DFH then

Maybe me, you and Lynne could split the cost of the petrol and a bulk order of DFH? I'd definitely be interested in doing that, especially since DHL seem incapable of not leaving the bags I get delivered out in the rain :roll:

Maybe me, you and Lynne could split the cost of the petrol and a bulk order of DFH? I'd definitely be interested in doing that, especially since DHL seem incapable of not leaving the bags I get delivered out in the rain :roll:

yeah that sounds a good idea.

I googled the post code and Normans farm is an hour and 24 minutes away. I don't mind driving down.

DHL are so fab aren't they :roll:

yeah that sounds a good idea.

I googled the post code and Normans farm is an hour and 24 minutes away. I don't mind driving down.

DHL are so fab aren't they :roll:

Oh boo, when I saw the address I was hoping that he'd be up at this end of Derbyshire :( If you're sure you don't mind the drive though, I'd definitely split the petrol costs with you. I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind driving down there either, I've just joined the National Trust (I'm getting old :() so we could combine a visit to Norman with a trip to one of the NT sites :D

I get the West Wales Willows Timothyhay in huge boxes and its hardly dusty at all. I've got a bunnie with a fussy tummy, she can only digest their Timothy along with a balance of alfalfa which I would otherwise feed. I'd reccomnd it, its nice and green and healthy.

Back