• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lapinject vs Cylap

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
What is the difference?

Sorry have posted in the wrong section... should be in rabbit chat really

Last edited:
Would you use Lapinject in a bunny that's never had it before, even though he reacts with the Cylap (has reacted at the injection site and is poorly with stasis symptoms after jab)? Or is it better to stick with what you know?

Would you use Lapinject in a bunny that's never had it before, even though he reacts with the Cylap (has reacted at the injection site and is poorly with stasis symptoms after jab)? Or is it better to stick with what you know?

I would discuss it with my Vet :)

Janex

Is Lapinject a relatively new vaccine compared to Cyclap?

I notice that there is a long list of side effects under the Cycalp info but none under the Lapinject. I just wondered if it was because Lapinject hasn't been available as long as the Cyclap?

I also wondered why people choose one vaccine over another?

Is there anything that can be done prior to or after the jab to reduce any unwanted side effects. One members vet suggested administering an anti inflammatory at the same time. I wondered what benefit this would have.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I think anti-inflammatories suppress the immune system, so it would be the opposite of what you're trying to acheive by vaccinating, which is stimulate an immune response :?

Hi Elve:wave:

Is Lapinject a newer vaccine then?

I just wondered what makes people favour one vaccine over another?

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I have no idea - really you need to talk to your vet about it as they should have up to date information :)

differences

I cannot comment on whether one is better over ther other but there are three differences I do know of.

A 5 dose vial of lapinject is the same price as a 1 dose cylap so to us its 5 x cheaper! and Lapinject is able to be administered from 5 wks whereas cylap is from 10 weeks .The lapinject vaccination is also half the physical qhantity which when you are vaccinating a small bun does seem relavant.

As for reactions I cannot comment other than we have had none from lapinject but we have cylap.......but we have only just started using lapinject in the last few months so perhaps this is an unfair comparison.

I cannot comment on whether one is better over ther other but there are three differences I do know of.

A 5 dose vial of lapinject is the same price as a 1 dose cylap so to us its 5 x cheaper! and Lapinject is able to be administered from 5 wks whereas cylap is from 10 weeks .The lapinject vaccination is also half the physical qhantity which when you are vaccinating a small bun does seem relavant.

As for reactions I cannot comment other than we have had none from lapinject but we have cylap.......but we have only just started using lapinject in the last few months so perhaps this is an unfair comparison.

My thoughts exactly.... in theory you should be able to have 5 rabbits vacs for the price of one ....for multiple rabbit households/rescue that has to be a good enough reason!

Yep it is cheaper and since using we've not had a reaction to lapinject

but some vets take the p..and still charge £25 -£30 for it:shock::(

Back