• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass

billysmom

Mama Doe
:wave:HI, IVE FORGOTTEN BABY BUN BASICS AS IT SEEMS SO LONG AGO,:oops: CAN YOU GIVE A 11WK BUN FRESH GRASS, IF SO HOW MUCH IS CONSIDERED APPROPIATE.ONLY O/H OUTSIDE GARDENING:lol::lol::lol: THANKS.BILLYSMOM

If this is your baby bun's first tastes of veggies, then introduce at a very tiny amount and increase very slowly day by day.
Grass (and dandeliion leaves/flowers) are fine, when picked by hand, but don't give bunnies the grass cuttings from a lawn mower.
From what I understand, the mower mashes the grass too much, and makes it start to ferment.

wave:THANKS, HE HAS BEEN EATING TINY LEAVES OF FRESH MINT,AND SMALL PIECE OF SPRING GREENS JUST TOTALLY FORGOT THE EARLY DAYS:oops::oops::lol:IVE GROWN SOME GRASS IN A TRAY PLUS OH HAS CUT SOME GRASS EARLIER WITH SCISSORS:lol:THANKS

:wave:HI NO PICS YET, IT TOOK ME A DAY LAST TIME TO PUT PICS ON!:lol::lol::lol: TO BE HONEST I WAS THINKING OF ANOTHER BUN IN MAYBE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AFTER BILLY, BUT IVE HAD TOBY (LIONHEAD) FOR 4 DAYS NOW..AS SOON AS I GET SOME GOOD PICS I,LL LET YOU KNOW.:D

:wave:HI NO PICS YET, IT TOOK ME A DAY LAST TIME TO PUT PICS ON!:lol::lol::lol: TO BE HONEST I WAS THINKING OF ANOTHER BUN IN MAYBE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AFTER BILLY, BUT IVE HAD TOBY (LIONHEAD) FOR 4 DAYS NOW..AS SOON AS I GET SOME GOOD PICS I,LL LET YOU KNOW.:D

Yes i want to see pictures lol

xx

awww hun im so glad youve found a place in your heart for a new bunny... it will make billy happy to see you smiling while he waits at the bridge for you :D:D

:wave:THANKYOU DONNAMT FOR YOUR COMMENT, I DID FEEL REALLY GUILTY:oops: BUT BILLY WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME.AS FOR TOBY HES LOVELY, AND SEEMS REALLY HAPPY, AS SOON AS HE DID HIS FIRST BINKY(SAME DAY AS WE HAD HIM) I KNEW IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.:)

Back