• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dry Hay !?!

CRBevis

Mama Doe
Opened new bag of the Oxbow Timothy hay last night and it felt really dry, thought ok little madam is not going to like this, she came running over as she likes to eat it straight from the bag while we top up her baskets, and the little madam stuck her head in pulled a piece out, chewed it couple of times, spat it out on floor and nudged the bag away with her head:roll:

She is refusing to eat it but is eating the small bits still left in the old bag as it feels nice and freash and not bone dry!

:?: Is this hay dry because it is old and been hanging around the shop or where ever for a longtime because it is from USA?

:?:Can it make her tummy poorly?

Is she being a spoilt little madam and wants better newer hay then the drier hay?

We have been up shop and bought some of that Alfalfa King -timothy hay as it same price but get more and she is eating it, but still turning her nose up at the oxbow apart from the odd piece:roll:

all the hay i get is dry.. i think its cus it comes from america maybe... the brome hay is the worst but the buns loooooovvveee it..

im glad they aint as choosey as your little madam :shock:

all the hay i get is dry.. i think its cus it comes from america maybe... the brome hay is the worst but the buns loooooovvveee it..

im glad they aint as choosey as your little madam :shock:

She use to love Brome hay so we bought some and then changed her mind and went to oat hay so bought some and then decided the Timothy Hay best! We have been buying this and she loves it but this is the second back we have had that is really bone dry and the little madam doesn't like it. WHen I am in the shop I spend about 5 minutes looking at all backs to see which feels the softest and looks the greenist and not as dry, but this one must of gone really dry since bought it 2 weeks ago as it was nice and green and softish like her other bag which still is!

SHe's a right fussy madam!

She use to love Brome hay so we bought some and then changed her mind and went to oat hay so bought some and then decided the Timothy Hay best! We have been buying this and she loves it but this is the second back we have had that is really bone dry and the little madam doesn't like it. WHen I am in the shop I spend about 5 minutes looking at all backs to see which feels the softest and looks the greenist and not as dry, but this one must of gone really dry since bought it 2 weeks ago as it was nice and green and softish like her other bag which still is!

SHe's a right fussy madam!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pearl routes thro all the expensive stuff to eat the meadow hay a lot of the times :roll::roll: im not sure of alvins favourite oh yeah fruit and pellets flavour :rolleyes:

Back