• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone every had a buny with a discolcted joint?

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Just wondered if anyone else has a bun where the hip wont go back into pace.

been told to rest him for 6 weks and to see if it will heal even though hip is in worng position

Did it heal ok in the end? Thanks Shell

Last edited:
Years ago, I had a very big new Zealand White boy who used to love to get on the roof of his run shelter and sunbathe. But one day he laid a bit too close to the edge, and when he fell asleep, he rolled off! He landed badly and dislocated his left hip. It was VERY painful for him, and we raced him straight to the vet, securely wrapped in a blanket to keep his hip from moving. The vet managed to get it back into place, and gave him painkillers and anti-inflamatories. We were told to keep him confined to a minimum of space for three-four weeks afterwards so that he couldn't move around to much whilst it was settling. It wasn't easy, but we managed it......and he was right as rain afterwards.....it never popped out again, and didn't seem to cause him any problems at all.:D :D

Best of luck with your boy!

Years ago, I had a very big new Zealand White boy who used to love to get on the roof of his run shelter and sunbathe. But one day he laid a bit too close to the edge, and when he fell asleep, he rolled off! He landed badly and dislocated his left hip. It was VERY painful for him, and we raced him straight to the vet, securely wrapped in a blanket to keep his hip from moving. The vet managed to get it back into place, and gave him painkillers and anti-inflamatories. We were told to keep him confined to a minimum of space for three-four weeks afterwards so that he couldn't move around to much whilst it was settling. It wasn't easy, but we managed it......and he was right as rain afterwards.....it never popped out again, and didn't seem to cause him any problems at all.:D :D

Best of luck with your boy!

Thats was lucky it went back ito place. Marbles wouldnt go back into place :cry: They said that the ligaments are torn so there is nothing to hold it in, every time they put the hip back it poped back out again, I have the x ray his hip bone is about an inch higher than it shold be, I think hes in a lot of pain even though hes on pain killers.

Im hoping it will heal even though its not in the righ place, I dont mind if he has a limp as long as hes not in pain.

Will post tomorrow after the vets

Back