• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

think i might switch pellets

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
it is too much hassle to keep driving 40 mins to get £1s worth of pellets so think i will change them to one i can buy either locally or from THE.

im thinking either SS or bunny basics but no idea which is better.
the only pellets i know i can definately get in town are excel but i have heard a lot of buns can have probs with them.

which come to how to introduce. they haven't had pellets for a while and i dont have any A&P left so cant mix the 2 brands together. so should i just give 1-2 pellets a day to start with?

they have been on a hay/veg only diet but i am constantly worried that they will lack something even when they get pellets it will be bare minimum in the morning and i wont be cutting down their hay at all.

help! :lol::oops:

ETS: quick info bunny basics/T 2.25kg for £7.49 Typical analysis: Protein min 14.00%, Crude Fat min 1.50%, Crude Fiber max 29.00%, Calcium max 0.85%

bunny basics/15/23 2.25kg for £6.49 Typical analysis: Protein min 15.00%, Fat min 2.0%, Fiber max 25.00%, Calcium max 1.00%

SS 1.5kg for £2.99 fibre (19%)

excel 2kg for £3.39 Typical analysis: Protein 12%, Oil 4%, Ash 7.5%, Fibre 16%, Calcium 0.90%, Phosphorous 0.51%, Vitamin A 15,00iu/kg, Vitamin D3 1,500iu/kg, Vitamin E 100mg/kg, Vitamin C 60mg/kg, Copper 15mg/kg

excel lite 2kg for £3.99 Typical Analysis: Protein 12%, Oil 2.5%, Ash 7.5%, Fibre 18%, Calcium 0.90%, Phosphorous 0.51%, Vitamin A 16,500iu/kg, Vitamin D3 2,000iu/kg, Vitamin E 100mg/kg, Vitamin C 20mg/kg, Copper 15mg/kg

Last edited:
If you're bunnies don't usually have issues and you're only going to be feeding a tablespoon ish a day then it's not going to make a massive amount of difference.

Do they sell excel lite locally? If so I'd go for that if the others aren't readily available.

Yes, just gradually build up the quantity of pellets to introduce them.

Tamsin

ok not had problems with them before :)

i think they sell excel lite at the vets so will have a look see

any of the above i can get when i order their hay which i order every few weeks so as long as THE have it in stock availability is ok with all of those :)

the only thing i did want to see about was because duchey did have to have a dental i didnt know if any were better for teeth .. then again she eats hay like a horse anyway :lol:

I switched my bun over from Excel to SS a few months ago, as she has a delicate tummy. She is loads better on the science selective than she was on the Excel. The SS pellets are also very big and supposed to be good for their teeth, but only trouble is not all pet shops sell it.
I would tend to agree with Tamsin if you can't get SS locally I would go for Excel lite rather than than the normal Excel.

Back