• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much Porridge?

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
I have been giving Rudy little bits of porridge to help his weight. I have been giving him about a teaspoon of porridge with some warm water.

Is that enough? :?

I have been giving Rudy little bits of porridge to help his weight. I have been giving him about a teaspoon of porridge with some warm water.

Is that enough? :?

How much does he weigh Laura?

I usually give 2tsp/kg soaked in warm water once a day.

You could try changing him from SS to a Breeder/grower pellet. A+P make one. It has a higher protein content which can help weight gain and yet maintains the high fibre content to help the guts.

Janex :)

Do they make one that isn't a huge sack full? :lol:

To be honest, he can have quite a sensative tum, so I don't want to change too many things at once especially as he is on baytril and panacur as well.

Do they make one that isn't a huge sack full? :lol:

To be honest, he can have quite a sensative tum, so I don't want to change too many things at once especially as he is on baytril and panacur as well.

I can send you a little bagful if you like :)
TBH the Porridge is more likely to cause an upset than a gradual change of pellets as Porridge is high in carbs.

Why is nothing ever straightforward with Buns !! :rolleyes:

Janex

I just mix a tsp porridge with a tsp pellets, splash of boiling water and let it soak and fluff up for 10mins, then mash a slice of banana in with a fork :)

Id eat that Elve, sounds nice. I feed a small bowl to Maisie of wet porridge, but mine is a good tablespoon. She was so anorexic and is starting to build up on this.

I gave my little P@H bun a tablespoon of wet porridge last night. He eats as though he's never been fed before... probably because now he can actually eat after his teeth trim xx

Laura given the way Rudy is just give him what you think as it certainly won't do him any harm:D

Back