• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hypothetically would this work?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Say I had vast amounts of time, space and money....could i dig a big patch of ground out to say 40cm deep, line it with mesh or concrete, refill it, plant a lawn on top, then build walk-in enclosures over the top?

I was just imagining how I would house my rabbits if I had unlimited resources and that is the idea that came to me.:lol: would it work?

I think it could. We'd like to do something like that with ours to stop them digging out and others digging in.

i think so too, its pretty much what we have @ Hawt, effectivly large walk in kennels...

knee height is bricked, with wood and mesh with corrogated reovable sheets to let air in x

what is Hawt?

It will be many decades till i achieve this but I am enjoying planning my future setup :) I would love for them to be able to dig safely.

You wouldn't need to dig anything out. I made a run with a mesh floor and just covered the mesh with a thin layer of soil and grass seed.

TBH you wouldn't even need to do that...as long as the holes in the mesh were large enough (say 1 inch square) the grass would grow through and create a cushioned layer over the mesh. Eventually you wouldn't even be able to see the wire any more.

my plot is to allow them to dig tunnels though. i was initially just planning for grass grazing but then thought, maybe theyd like to dig too :D

Back