• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue eyed bun in P@H

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
When i was at the vets earlier i had a quick nosey at the buns (vets is inside P@H). Last week there were two in the adoption part.. one of which was in a tiny section and was sliding all over the floor :cry: Well today this same bun is now in an indoor cage on his own and i got a better look at him.. He is white with slightly grey ears but has really dark blue eyes.. beautiful! Could that be a Hustlander or more likely a cross if it has grey ears? Never seen one like that before.. it had uppy ears :D

aw. My dream bunny is one with blue eyes. I like anything a bit different.

You mean like my Sapphire? :love: :love:

DSC00542.jpg

Dark blue? Can you get a picture? I've never seen a bun with dark blue eyes before:D

I don't normally count colors if I'm trying to find out what breed a bun is, as the dwarf breeds come in pretty much all colors and markings:roll:
Take Aroma for example... she might pass as an american sable if you only look at the color, but she's a purebred pedigree rex, only with sable markings.
If the rabbit is blue eyed its likely it carries the BEW-gene, carriers often end up with white markings on them, which can be anything from a tiny white spot on the nose/paw to nearly dutch-like markings.

I wont be there again for a few days but when i do go that way again i'll pop in and try and get a photo of it. There didnt appear to be any info about it on its cage but maybe its still near the cage it was in last week. Its not dutch.. its totally white with light grey ears.. id say a medium sized rabbit, quite a pointy face and long uppy ears:? Im guessing it must just be a mixed breed rabbit:roll::?

Ive seen the Hustanders blue eyes. I then was amazed at March Hares blue eyed dutches, and now Duchess's bunnies.

Back