• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roz's babies

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Roz, my fosterbunny had babies either yesterday early morning or the previous night (I've recorded their birthday as yesterday though)...
I did a quick check and count yesterday, then left them to it, as I could see that there were 5 of them and they were all doing well...
Today I popped Roz in a run with dandelions and veg (I think she really appreciated having a run around!) and carefully took the box that she nested in out of ear-shot so she wouldn't get worried... I checked the babies again - they are very lively :D and managed to take a few shots...

babies007.jpg

babies006.jpg

babies005.jpg

I touched them as little as possible (I had to move the fat pink kit slightly cos s/he was on top of all the others :roll::lol:) and had previously rubbed my hands in Roz's litter tray (niiiiice!)
I tucked them back in and replaced the nest box. Once the babies had settled I put Roz back... she has not suspected a thing, and seemed quite glad of the few minutes exercise :D

Potential adopters form an orderly queue! :wave::lol:

Hmmm...baby hippos. Do we know who the father was?

Thanks for showing us the pics. I hope they all do well.

Hmmm...baby hippos. Do we know who the father was?

Thanks for showing us the pics. I hope they all do well.

I'm pretty sure he's not a hippo :? :lol:
The father is with another fosterer :) - no pics yet, but I believe he is black up-eared? Amy?

this is the Mummy:
2008_0415girlz0012.jpg

Last edited:
Aw...little pinkies...I must have a peek on Thursday :D

Daddy (Niles) is a very dark brown (almost black) up eared boy...he's very cute, friendly and cheeky. :love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I will be accepting baby bunnies as engagement presents :D

I suspect the father is a hippo too! I love Roz.She is sooooo gorgeous.

I thought you meant piggies earlier (probably because you said they looked like piglets :lol:)

bunny napping equipment at the ready!

Aww sweet :love: Isn't it funny how newborn baby mammals rarely look the species they are meant to be? I think pups could pass for kits and vice versa quite easily. How many little wrigglers are there?

I'll be keeping an eye on their progress...:)

Neil

You can see them in real life when you come down for the Notts meet-up :D

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I will be accepting baby bunnies as engagement presents :D

I suspect the father is a hippo too! I love Roz.She is sooooo gorgeous.

I thought you meant piggies earlier (probably because you said they looked like piglets :lol:)

bunny napping equipment at the ready!

they look more like piglets than piggy-piglets do! :lol:

Aww sweet :love: Isn't it funny how newborn baby mammals rarely look the species they are meant to be? I think pups could pass for kits and vice versa quite easily. How many little wrigglers are there?

There are 5 - 4 have dark/light patterning and 1 is all light :)

OMG!!! How did i miss this?!?!

Awwww look at them there so cute!!!!

I love the little pink baby :love: :love: :love:

AWWWWW I will expect pics every day now and videos!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Back