• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hep with bonding and biting?

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
Hi,

I've had a few bonding session with my male neutred rabbit tinker and my new girl bun. She's inquisitive(akthough now a little scared) but he just tries to bites her constantly.

Is there anything I can try to help, or just continue?

Many thanks for any advice

Hi,

I am currently trying to bond my rabbits too and it has not gone too well (one of them bit the other resulting in a visit to the vet). You will probably get some replies from more experienced people but so far I know that:

1) Both rabbits must be neutered
2) You must introduce them in neutral territory (where neither rabbit has been before). I think one of the mistakes I made was using a neutral territory which was too large so a small area might be better.

You could also try swapping litter trays and cages/hutches so they can get used to each others smell before another face to face interaction.

I found a great website about bonding which tells you all about fighting, mounting and what to expect. Try:

www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml

I am going to try again this weekend. Good luck with yours!:wave:

Back