• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and rain

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Would you leave your rabbit in the rain on concrete, half the run covered and plenty of hay in shelter?

Its showery today but not cold... x

yes it is fine for them to get a little wet, some love it, I just wouldn't let them out in any heavy rain, You can always towel dry them if you think they need it.

Both lots of my bunnies have half their run covered.They are on concrete,many times i see them sat in the rain rather than shelter:roll:

thats cool, its just shes going to be in her hutch sat/sun as im away and nick will be at work so won't be able to spend much time with her so i wanted her to be outside today, tomorrow and fri.

its not too bad x

If the bunnies like yours have a choice whether to go inside and stay dry or sit out in the rain - id leave them as they are! You have given them the option of staying dry so they are choosing to get wet! So long as it heavy rain or really cold out id think they would be just fine :D

if they couldnt go out in the rain, theyd never go out at all, its been raining for about eight months here :lol:

just make sure they have a shelter area which is guaranteed dry and warm. I use a small hutch a little raised off the ground with straw stuffed in the enclosed compartment :)

Mine seem to love rain and snow better than sunny days. yesterday was gorgeous but did anyone ocome out to play? No :roll: And today everyone was out zooming around whilst the rain fell. By the time I put them back in they were little sponges. I did read once, rabbits do not cope so well with warm weather as they do with colder climates. But then didn't they originate from Iberia (now Spain), a very hot place indeed.

Back