• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I buy 2008 SS pellets?

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Does anybody know where I can buy best before 2008 Science Selective pellets?

Any help much appreciated.

Lots of love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Won't they have gone off?! :lol: What is the actual shelf life for them?

I know a lot of buns don't like the new flavor - have you tried mixing them up with an old packet, as if you were switching food?

I'm sorry, I don't know, I've just bought a bb 2009 bag.

Another thought... you could try small, non-chain, petshops as they probably sell less SS than muesli and might have left over stock :roll: Just an idea ;)

Hello :wave:

I'm trying to find some best before 2008 that are in date...like towards the end of this year :D

It's for my dental bunnies. They don't like the 2009 stuff.

Have phoned all the local petshops without success.

Can anybody think of anywhere else I can try? Have phoned Supreme but they don't keep old stock themselves just distribute it on to wholesalers.

Any help much appreciated.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi Raine :wave:

Yes..that was one of my first ports of call but unfortunately they only have 2009 batches.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I will have a look next time I'm out for you. I know I will be down in Plymouth in the next few weeks to get my car serviced, so I can always bring some down with me.

I'm just glad I got Evo eating A&P or else I'd be in the same situation. :(

Hi Laura :wave:

Thank you sweetpea :D. It's a complete nightmare that the SS pellets change so much. I did try Harv with the A and P ages ago and he wouldn't touch it. I know it would be much better for him as it's higher in fibre but he won't eat it. He really likes the SS pellest when they are the darker crumblier type but all the 2009 stuff is the lighter, harder stuff which he won't eat.

How's the lovely Evo?

Big hugs to you and Evo,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Have you tried your local RSPCA??

I bought a bag from there a few weeks ago and it was the older stuff.
Luckily I've changed Gilby and Muffin to P@H because they wont touch the new stuff.

H xx

My vet sell it. They have a range of different bunny stuff to accompany the cat and dog food they sell. It's fairly cheap too.

Duh, just reread your post.... :roll: you could try your vet I suppose, somewhere that doesn't much trade? (in food)

Back