• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minstrel doesn't love me any more....

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
....she'll come up to me for food, but she'll take the food and run off. If i open the run without any food she'll hide in the tunnel. :cry::cry::cry:

I know she doesn't like to be picked up, but its the only way to get her in the house or into the garden, because unlike Cadbury, she won't jump over the side of the run. And obviously I also have to pick her up to do grooming :(

I think I'm gonna get hubby to put a little door in the side of the run.

Have you tried using a carrier to transfer her over? I put a few pellets in to temp my bunnies in if they're not feeling too cuddly that day. I don't think many bunnies actually enjoy being picked up.

I'm sure she loves you really!

unfortunately, even food and treats won't tempt her when she's determined to hide :roll:

its just with the inclement weather at the mo i've brought them inside a few times as i feel guilty about not spending time with them. and then yesterday as it was a lovely day i wanted to let them free range in the garden. so yes i've handled her quite a bit over the past few days. however when she is roaming about she quite happily comes up and nudges as you, but she knows full well when its home time :roll:

i guess if i leave her for a few days she'll get over it, but then it will start again.

btw - my hubby is from wymondham :wave:

Sounds like she's a lot smarter than my two! One whiff of a spring green leaf and they'll follow me anywhere and into anything for it!

Hello to your other half :wave: I've not been here long but really like it here!

Back