• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cripes, Carlton is *leaking* help :-(

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
i've been searching and searching on here to no avail (apart from EC:shock:, incontinence, etc) but he doesn't seem to fall into any catagory of the threads i've read.

all of a sudden this evening, Carlton has been dribbling puddles of "wet". i say "wet" because it's clear and has no smell to it. not a huge puddle, like a small teaspoon. if he sits down, he creates a little puddle, with the occassional dot on the floor if he's moving about.

he's still doing his big wees in the tray and eating, drinking and pooing fine and his behaviour isn't out of character.

ryan just remarked that he seems to let a bit of liquid out when pooing.

he was neutered just over two weeks ago. obviously i'll get the vet involved if needs be but i'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

Last edited:
He could have a bit of cystitis - you could give him some yarrow if you have any in your garden. If he continues doing it then a vet check to see if he has got an infection or irritation there - usually one course of baytril sorts it out:D

Oh no :shock: never heard of it but just wanted to say that I hope he is going to be ok. x

i hope so too. i could understand if it was obvious wee but it's clear, unscented liquid. it's coming from his willywobbler, i had a look (i have now mastered the art of "popping it out":oops:).

it literally started 3 hours ago. he's still cheerful but i know i probablt won't even go to bed for worry! :roll:

i hope so too. i could understand if it was obvious wee but it's clear, unscented liquid. it's coming from his willywobbler, i had a look (i have now mastered the art of "popping it out":oops:).

it literally started 3 hours ago. he's still cheerful but i know i probablt won't even go to bed for worry! :roll:

I wouldn't sleep either and I know this is a serious subject but I actually spat my drink out at "willy wobbler" :lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't sleep either and I know this is a serious subject but I actually spat my drink out at "willy wobbler" :lol::lol::lol:

when my brothers were small, they were terrible for being constantly naked in the summer. even if mum tried to just put them in oversized t-shirts, they'd whip them off and we'd be chasing them around the garden going "put these on and put your willywobblers away" :lol: :oops:

uh oh, I hope he'll be ok! I would just keep an eye on his eating and pooping tonight, if they stay normal then you'll probably be ok until you can get him to the vets anyway. I think eating tends to be the first thing to go if they're in pain. I'm afraid other than that I don't know what to suggest!

I wouldn't be able to sleep either though if I were you! I'm terrible for being a panicker when it comes to rocky!

Its probably a UTI like Cystitis, a course of Baytril and some painrelief shoudl clear it up :)

how is he today hun?

x

:wave: he seems alright today. he went for a sleepy at midnight and i woke him up at 1am to check that that it wasn't a constant leak (it wasn't), he had a run around for a couple more hours (i decided i wasn't going to sleep!) and there was no puddles or spots and his legs were dry. poor little lamb if it is a UTI! i'll give the vet a ring.

the only different thing is - i usually change his tray every 2 days but i left it for 3 and i've noticed sometimes he gets fussy about the toilet - if it's too wet for his liking or there is hay in it he will wee in another corner instead. i'm wondering if he was holding his wee because he wanted a clean toilet?

Back