• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lapinject is recommended at my vets

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
iwas talking to rob today as willow had her myxi booster and i asked him about lapinject etc and he said funnily enough it was what the head office prefers the vets to use...oh i said wonderful less side efefcts quicker immunioty bla bla bla..maybe he said but in our case they get a higher commision:shock:
he said hes fine with the other one hes used it so much wheras he hasnt used lapinejct much..theyre both the same price to give anyway and he really doesnt mind its up to me:)

he said he hadnt seen any buns with a serious reaction to either..so i happily regaled my past buns reactions etc.....he was surprised...which i guess not many folks report back reactions as you think they would!

he was reading up on hedgehogs..wild ones as they get a fair few pass through.......i said i had to use the internet when we rescued one and the search for someone who could come collect him and take him to the rescue for check ups and release..was over a week....ive never seen an animal poo like that..!! he enjoyed felix cat food tho..and i did try digging up enough worms but he wasnt great but he did well apaprently.

good to know we can all keep learning

ooh please can we have the vhd reactions thread i cant find it..id like to maybe print it off or put onto data disc for rob. thank you

Mine uses lapinject too, but they swear there's no side effects to cylap and the only reason they use lapinject is because they had a supply problem with cylap.

I had 2 (out of 3) with reactions to cyclap last week. One was severe with a paw that was so tense and tight he could not even uncurl it to put it on the ground! He had to have injected pain killer followed by feeding etc. The other just had a slight limp.

In the past we have had others just look 'off colour' afterwards but not such a severe reaction.

I was amazed that this possible reaction is not written in great BIG letters on the packet (or whatever it comes in).

My vet had sort of heard of it (she is rabbit savvy) - but she said she doubted if the emergency 24 hours vet they now deal with would have heard of it..

I really wanted to INSIST that this reaction was reported back - but felt that she had enough to do . . .

my vet is rabbit savvy but he hasnt seen any for himself.

like he told me too they sometimes dont hear of new drugs out etc until they start using them! thats the industry for you i guess....

Back