• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Plants that Bunnies don't eat?

Hi everyone,

Just found this site and it is great. We have two bunnies and they seem to eat every plant that we have every put in the garden. Do you know of any plants that they do not like? We have even tried scattering chillies around the flower beds - but they still ate them!

Thanks for any advice?

Please make sure your bunnies don't eat any poisonous plants. Anything grow from a bulb is potentially poisonous. Unfortunately bunnies do not always know which plants not to eat :)

My garden was full of poisonous plants when I moved in. I had to remove all of them. You are best to do a search on google for toxic plants and try and identify what you have.

No hard and fast rules I'm afraid. Their are plants that won't hurt bunnies when they chew on them eg herbs are good and there are bunny proofing techniques - hanging baskets and raised window boxes are good.

The RWA have done a series of articles on gardening with bunnies - that might have something :)

Tam

My bunnies liked eating everything except holly. Trouble is I didn't like the holly either so cut it down!

Back