• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argente De Champagne Woollies ?

:shock: Sorry Jane I have no idea but I thought it sounded like a bottle of champers from Woolies ! :lol: :oops:

It is an accidental throwback to when longer haired breeds went into the development of the Argente. The breeder had no idea that the woolly young would be produced from that mating, some of the kits were wooly, some normal Argentes.

Last edited:
I suspect they must be very high maintainace :?
All that fluff !! :shock:

Janex

To be honest that's what made me decide against one, when a wooly coat is thrown in a litter or normal coated babies from normal coated parents it isn't like an Angora coat it is much woolier and more prone to matting and felting.

I didn't want the worry even though I'm used to a lot of grooming as I used to show Persian and Birman cats.

To be honest that's what made me decide against one, when a wooly coat is thrown in a litter or normal coated babies from normal coated parents it isn't like an Angora coat it is much woolier and more prone to matting and felting.

That is quite correct :wave:

Crikes, so if you had several Woollies you'd be grooming all day every day :shock:

I clip my Cashie, Mr Bean, as his coat felts up within hours if left long.
Just aswell he is not vain as he looks more like a shawn lamb than a Bunny :lol:

Janex

theyre actually cute :oops:

478750.jpg

478750_1.jpg

They're big buns too, 8 weeks in the pics and bigger than my mini-lop, they'll weigh about 10lbs as adults.

They won't stay black, you can see their colour beginning to change around their eyes and nose, they'll be a silver grey colour all over eventually.

They're big buns too, 8 weeks in the pics and bigger than my mini-lop, they'll weigh about 10lbs as adults.

They won't stay black, you can see their colour beginning to change around their eyes and nose, they'll be a silver grey colour all over eventually.

For some reason I thought they were small Buns :shock:

Janex

Back