• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bathing bunnies

You shoudl NEVER wash a bunny, unless it is NEEDED. Only if the bunny has dirt everywhere, that it could never wash out on its own.
Thanks,
Jack x

It's yet another genius idea from Snugglesafe :roll: Put it in the corner next to the 'chewproof' bunny warren tube thing.

i'm a grooming manager (yep sounds posh, but actually means chief slave :roll:). We groom dogs, cats, and also have a number of rabbits and guinea pigs that come in too.

We have two regular bunnies. Both have their coats clipped off, because they are angora cross and the owner can't cope with the grooming. One is prone to skin lesions, and we have had to kinda bath bits of him, before. Also had a British Giant in once who was referred to us for a bath with medicated shampoo.

But its definately not a regular thing.

Charm gets a bath every week along with the cages getting cleaned out. I don't recommend bathing rabbits unless you have to though. Not only do the bunnies generally dislike it, you end up with a lot of cuts or bruises and it causes the fur to mat more than it would do otherwise, but if you have an outdoor rabbit it can do more harm than good.

And I'd never use a sponge. Fingers are better.

Back