• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flummoxed by P@H harness!

Siona

Mama Doe
SInce my P@H store no longer seem to sell cat harnesses to fit anything bigger than a small disabled hamster :roll: I had to buy a small dog harness to fit Gladys because she's so huge. P@H dog harnesses look different to many other types I've seen too.

Problem is, I cannot work out for the life of me how to put it on her! :? THere are no instructions or diagrams, and no matter which way up I put it there seems to be a bit that faces the wrong way.

Anyone got one that they've put on a bun (or a dog?)

Which one is it i have a couple of different styled ones

It's a small dog harness from the more basic range. It lays out in a kind of figure 8 shape with 2 shorter bits coming off the sides with the clips on and then the rings on the ends.

Not until OH gets in with his laptop since mine is as old as the hills and has no slot for media cards :roll:

I searched on the net and found a couple of pics but they werent clear. I'm also not convinced that the pic I found had the dog wearing it right. Does it fasten at the front of the chest or over the back?

Have the harness flat on the floor in figure 8 shape you describe above. The front feet go through the loops and the harness does up just behind the animals shoulders. Adjust the chest strap so you can fit 2 fingers between bunny and harness, and the same with the belly strap, the strap that goes between the 2 front legs should be adjusted so that its not loose, but not so tight it pulls the chest strap down.

TBH, I've never got one of these style harnesses to fit a rabbit properly as bunnies are the wrong shape for it. I used one on my first bunny Flintstone and she slipped through it more than once.

Do the rabbit harnesses not fit your bun?

Have the harness flat on the floor in figure 8 shape you describe above. The front feet go through the loops and the harness does up just behind the animals shoulders. Adjust the chest strap so you can fit 2 fingers between bunny and harness, and the same with the belly strap, the strap that goes between the 2 front legs should be adjusted so that its not loose, but not so tight it pulls the chest strap down.

TBH, I've never got one of these style harnesses to fit a rabbit properly as bunnies are the wrong shape for it. I used one on my first bunny Flintstone and she slipped through it more than once.

Do the rabbit harnesses not fit your bun?

She's a Flemish so no :(

Nigel gets on OK with the cat harness and they are really simple. This one seems complicated and it has this extra loop. THere is someone selling one on Ebay and you can see that the poor dog is wearing it sideways. :roll:
I will persevere. I'll practice on a teddy before trying it on her though! :lol:

they do have them in the braintree store?
i saw them just a month ago..or have they stopped altogether?x

aaaah forgot you have a big bunny!

so normal bunny ones wouldnt fit?

No sadly, not even the 'large' cat harness will go round her middle. THey used to make a much larger cat harness which is what I have for Nigel (my frenchie) but they don't make it anymore, or dont stock it anyway.

Just thought, as tacky as they are, the harnesses in the boutique section may be a better fit for your bunny?

Mmmm yummy! :lol::lol: She'll look blingin' with one of those babies! :lol::lol:

Thankfully I *think* we have the harness sussed now. OH came in and we stared at it for a bit, then he flipped the 'extra loop' over to the other side and it suddenly all made sense!
I used the cat as a crash test dummy and it seemed to work. :) :)

Back