• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh god guys im so scared!

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Shuffles our disabled bunny has been making VAST improvements recently. he is moving his feet and legs and trying but not quite making it to stand up. His botty has needed batheing to prevent urine scald and we have been using zinc and caster oil as barrier cream. Stupid cream! its made him sore :cry: Decided to take him to the vets as our vet would help hold him while i trimed his delocate areas but my vet has eloped on holiday. Had to take him to the sanctuary vets and they have kept hold of him:shock: Theyre going to sedate him to trim his bits but the vet is very not happy she want to put him down. There was nothing i or mum could do because he is still under the care of the sanctuary. The chap from the sanctuary we met there so as to share the sanctuarys daily appointment gave us a hard time too. he agreed with the vet. Im suppposed to ring at 530 to pick him up but i have managed to convince myself they will put him down and say he died under the anasthetic. There is absolutely no reason to put him down he has started to clean himself this week and thats why it looked sore. He has been worrying it. They said it was a welfare issue. You shud see the speed of him shuffle when he hears his veg being prepared!

Oh god i hope they dnt put him down i had to have my hamster put down today aswel but he was very poorly and it was the kindest thing to do. She took them both at the same time i hope that doesnt mean anything.:cry:

They would not put him down without talking to you first!!

And they would not dare put him down and say he died under anesthetics. They can't lie.

Just try and keep telling yourself he will be fine and I'll be thinking of you and you will see when you go and pick him up at 530 he will be ok.

:)

WHy is he still under the care of the sanctuary? You have the right to take your animal away if he is registered with another vet who knows the full story. THey can't just confisate him.

They can't do that - he is a bunny and he's happy - how dare they threaten that and what kind of sanctuary would do that:censored::censored::censored:

If they want you can tell him he has a home here for disabled buns - tell them to look at my website - I know you want him with you and you can have him but if you can persuade them that he will be fine or can have a home here then they may change their minds.

I would put the fooking vet down:censored::censored:

The sanctuary owner is all for giving bunnies the chance its just that a scared bunny being hoisted out of the carrier looks so not well and is bound to have an increased heart rate...............he has been shuffling along the flower boarders in the sunshine this morning! eating yummy spring grass :)
He wasnt confiscated as such it was just we were told he was in a large amount of discomfort and needed seeing to right away ( insert cruel, evil etc description of me and mum here) thats it im ringing them now......... keep your paws crossed!

They can't do that - he is a bunny and he's happy - how dare they threaten that and what kind of sanctuary would do that:censored::censored::censored:

If they want you can tell him he has a home here for disabled buns - tell them to look at my website - I know you want him with you and you can have him but if you can persuade them that he will be fine or can have a home here then they may change their minds.

I would put the fooking vet down:censored::censored:

Aww thanks Jaypot but your only after him for his good looks:lol: his heart belongs to his liitle Anya :)

What cream do you use on bottoms? Do you fin Fuciderm thins the skins im a bit scared to use it.

Has your vet suggested using Flammazine, which is a human burns ointment. I use is for sore hocks and have also used it to treat urine scalded area on some foster buns. Sudocream(nappy rash) is also very good, but I've found Flammazine to be more effective.

If you disagree with your vets diagnosis always seek another opinion ;)

They are not God and should not play such.

Back