• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbit whisperer...

Amy & Amber

Staff member
By Ingrid Tarrant,

Has anyone read it? What did you think? I went to the library this morning (Geek yes I know) :lol: :oops:

I got a few books out about rabbits Ive not read.

The rabbit whisperer looks brilliant! (****) :lol:

Any thoughts welcome :D

Last edited:
Its c**p. A complete waste of money.

Imagine every basic care book you have ever read regurgitated as if to a child with a few celeb 'stories', some of whom are not even that bothered, thrown in to bulk it out.

Imagine every basic care book you have ever read regurgitated as if to a child with a few celeb 'stories', some of whom are not even that bothered, thrown in to bulk it out.

Ouch! :lol:

Glad I didnt buy it then!

Can you recommend any good ones... I am going back 2moro :D

I have a lot but most I would not recommend however:

Why Does My Rabbit by Anne McBride
Rabbits for Dummies by Audrey Pavia
and Living with a Hiuse Rabbit by Linda Dykes and Helen Flack are worth reading.

I have Hop to it, A Guide to Training your Pet Rabbit but not read it yet.

I also have:

The Problem with Rabbits- A Sanctuary's Modern Approach
Rabbitlopeadia by Meg Brown & Virginia Richardson which are interesting but outdated in places.

Yep, I have to agree it was total pants.

Just a load of complete rubbish, especially the bits about celebrities and their rabbits.

The title is quite misleading I think too - I was expecting some useful insights into 'rabbit whispering' - how wrong was I?

Ooo I have 'Stories Rabbits Tell: A Cultural & Natural History of a Mis-Understood Species' as well, just found it whilst tidying up.

Its very interesting but really hard going in places and it does look at the fur and meat industry which is quite upsetting, although very educational.

i got my mum rabbit health in the 21st century and thought it was so good ive sent for my own....is that on your nice or naff list:lol:

i got my mum rabbit health in the 21st century and thought it was so good ive sent for my own....is that on your nice or naff list:lol:

Its on my need to buy list :lol:

Seriously though I've heard good things....had a recommendation from Anita yesterday too but I've forgotten what it was :oops::oops:

Got this one and love it. I have read bits over and over again. You can just dip into it when you want a refresher. Nice thing is that it's written by a rabbit lover as well as being knowledgeable.

Great pictures of her own bunnies and sad stories.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

I didnt even finish the rabbit whisperer I thought it was so bad :lol:

The best rabbit book I have ever brought is the rabbit massage book :) x

Back