• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rudy Back At The Vets Today U/D again Post #31 WED

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
After last week, the vet wanted to see him to see if he had put any weight on and how everything was going.

I'm glad we are going as I am a little concerned about him today. He hasn't eaten much (has had some pellets and a bit of hay though) I am wondering if it's because I am giving him bigger portions and extra treats to help his weight. He's not a very bun at the best of times so I don't think he actually eats huge amounts of anything.

He doesn't look to happy though :cry:

Last edited:
After last week, the vet wanted to see him to see if he had put any weight on and how everything was going.

I'm glad we are going as I am a little concerned about him today. He hasn't eaten much (has had some pellets and a bit of hay though) I am wondering if it's because I am giving him bigger portions and extra treats to help his weight. He's not a very bun at the best of times so I don't think he actually eats huge amounts of anything.

He doesn't look to happy though :cry:

Awwww I hope he gets on OK Laura. He's such a sweet little chap :love:

Janex

Thanks guys, he is eating a little atm but has been sat in his litter tray for a while as he now has powdered litter all over his fur. He has perked up a little now and is giving sophie kisses which she is greatfully accepting :lol:

Thanks again for all the vibes :)

Does anyone else think it's due to bigger portions that he isn't eating as much? :? He had a few pellets earlier, but not a huge amount.

I know its not his teeth as he did eat something that he liked... but it was a naughty treat :oops:

awhh poor rudy!
He doesnt happen to be on burgess excel does he? as a few members have reported heir bunnies going off it, including 2 of mine!
hope he's o.k! hugs
lisa and the buns

Is he on Baytril Laura?
Buns can go off their food, usually on about day 4-5 of a course of it

Janex

Yes he is. He has had a course that long before and eaten fine... hmm... maybe thats it :? Any suggestions as if he keeps having baytril and doesn't eat as much he won't put on weight but needs the baytil to help his weeing problem! :?

He is still pooping/weeing fine though and had pellets before bed which he ate.

Well we are back from the vets.

Despite extra food Rudy has not put on any weight this week :cry: He is still at a really low weight.

The vet did a test which will test bascially everything. He had this last year so they are going to see if there is anything different this time :(

He has quite enjoyed the attention and the car ride and is now settled back in asleep.

He is back on panacur as it won't do him any harm... anyone have any suggestions... to any of this?! :?

Awwww hun I hope someone can help I am pretty useless as I just always listen to what my vet says and dont read up on illnesses in advance as I would constantly be diagnosing my buns with things lol! Sending him snuggles and sorry he hasnt put on any weight xxxxxx

As long as he has not *lost* weight he is 'holding his own' so to speak.
I guess its a case of wait and see as to what the blood tests show :?

Do you know how old Rudy is?

Janex

Back