• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Connie Update (esp. for Jill and Faye)

norrielian

Mama Doe
Hey :wave:

Just thought I'd update you on Connie's sore dewlap. Although I didn't need to take her to the vet in the end, since I was taking Dillon last night for his dental, I took her along and the vet checked her out. She had not only been overgrooming her dewlap, but I had noticed she had been plucking fur from her tummy.

The vets think since she only got spayed this year that she is still hormonal and has been plucking for nest making. Her skin isn't sore anymore so no treatment or nothing to worry about, just keeping an eye on her. I've never had a female do this before, all new to me :lol:

Will that explain why I can't litter tray her at the moment! She does go in the litter tray but also goes in several other places too :rolleyes:

Lian x

Hi :wave:
glad she is not sore anymore..
re litter tray..yep it may be hormonal..or she may just have decided to decorate regularly!:lol:

if it's really a problem..putting the buns into a smaller space, then gradually increasing can re litter- train them

Hi :wave:
glad she is not sore anymore..
re litter tray..yep it may be hormonal..or she may just have decided to decorate regularly!:lol:

if it's really a problem..putting the buns into a smaller space, then gradually increasing can re litter- train them

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

But then her princess wouldn't be able to zoom in and out of the catflap!:lol:

They are getting really naughty. Dillon has broken a full incisor away (we think from shaking the bars to get out!) They are out from the moment we get home until I go to bed and still want more freedom :shock: Spoilt :lol:

Glad to hear she is better. :)

Did you try putting treats in her litter tray? Some nice "herbage" to munch on whilst plotting away. Might encourage her to spend more time in there :)

Glad to hear she is better. :)

Did you try putting treats in her litter tray? Some nice "herbage" to munch on whilst plotting away. Might encourage her to spend more time in there :)

Hi Carmen :wave:

I thought it was only men who liked to spend ages on the loo :lol: I wouldn't want to encourage a princess like Connie :lol:

Pippa and Dillon only used to use their large dog bed as a litter but Connie didn't use it at all so I dug out some old corner trays which she does use and likes sitting in them so that isn't a problem, she just pee's in 3 other places too! Like the vet said, I think she is a little confused hormonally as she only got spayed a few months ago. Hopefully once spring is over, she will calm down.

Lian x

Hi Carmen :wave:

I thought it was only men who liked to spend ages on the loo :lol: I wouldn't want to encourage a princess like Connie :lol:

Hello :wave:

I think it is more a "I am busy, leave me alone as I plot taking over the world" thinking going on here then the actual need to use the loo. Both men and bunnies..... Definetly Hugo has a very "composed" look about him munching on the hay whilst in the tray. Do not know about the husband though :roll: Some things are best left unanswered .... :lol:

Like the vet said, I think she is a little confused hormonally as she only got spayed a few months ago. Hopefully once spring is over, she will calm down. Lian x

Can't be nice with all the hormones going on. Hopefully she will settle down soon :) At least the places are known, that is good.

Carmen x

Hello :wave:

I think it is more a "I am busy, leave me alone as I plot taking over the world" thinking going on here then the actual need to use the loo. Both men and bunnies..... Definetly Hugo has a very "composed" look about him munching on the hay whilst in the tray. Do not know about the husband though :roll: Some things are best left unanswered .... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't think my hubbie munches on anything whilst on the loo, but I know he takes a paper to read! :lol:

My hubbie said last night "In this house there is someone eating all the time" :lol:

It seems that when one starts to eat, everyone will follow shortly. That includes humans and bunnies.

It is just mad. But we love it :lol:

Back