• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bales of Hay Sutton Coldfield?

bigfootcookie

Young Bun
Hi Guys,

I am in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, and I am trying to find a farm or such like that sell bales of decent hay locally. I currently order bales from Dust Free Hay's website which are great, the buns really love eating it, but I am wondering if I can get it cheaper anywhere more local, so I can collect it myself. Transport is not a problem, as I have a large trailer, and I have the space to store half a dozen in the dry. Does anyone have any advice as to where I can go? I'd rather not have to drive around the country trying to find out the hard way. That used to be fun in the old days, but what with the price of petrol and all the traffic, it is now strictly a quick "in and out" shopping operation!

The hungry horse at Mitchells Art & craft centre is where i get mine, Weeford road I think it is, just past Moor Hall. :D

If they charge the same as our hungry horse just down the road I think it is £4.5 a bale, might have gone up a bit though after last summer.

Result!

Went to the Mitchells Craft Centre yesterday and picked up 2 bales of hay. At £3.75 a bale I nearly fell through the floor as I am used to paying £25 for just one bale delivered form Dust Free Hay. I wasn't sure if the buns would notice any difference but they launched straight into it and happily munched away.
I don't think we'll be buying much else from the other shops that are there (£106 for a pair of jeans. Yea right) But the pet shop is great.

I saw the huge bags of carrots as well!:shock: I think there were too many in it for my buns. Looked more like a horse sized bag to me!

Thanks again.

Back