• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed setup's Pic's

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Hey guys what does your shed look like for your bunnys, I may be moving mine into the shed and want some idea's on how to do the lay out.

Cheers

Hi, Not a brilliant pic, but the only one I have of the interior of the shed.

2432912067_d188d2017e.jpg

They currently have in there a litter tray, and 2 baskets (one dog basket and one washing basket!) to sleep in, but we are changing that to just one bigger dog basket so all four buns can sleep together.

The boards on the sides are wet because it had just it had just been sprayed with cleaner and hosed out to prepare for their return, after their first bonding day.

We did have an old small hutch with the doors removed inside as well, to add a bit of height, but after increasing the buns from two to four it had to go outside as they need the extra space.

Last edited:
that's interesting. I have always kept my buns in an indoor cage in the shed (with a cover over the top) as I was worried they'd feel the cold - now I see how you have done yours I am wondering about taking the top off the cage. They use the whole cage like a litter tray anyway so it would make it easier. So if you can imagine I have an indoor cage within a shed (with door of cage open). Just wondering about the wash basket idea as that would be even easier to clean. What do you think? I feel a bit silly as I think I've gone a bit over the top with my two :oops:

You can never go overboard! :D

We use the old washing basket as a bed for them in the winter, with newspaper and hay in it. They seem to love it and munch on the hay as they cuddle up to each other. In the summer we turn it upside down and they use it as a shady place for them to lie in when out in the run. We sometimes place a roof tile under it as well, so they have something cool to lie on when it gets too hot. If you keep the tile in the shade it stays cool. (that's if we get any summer this year:roll:) If you see in the pic it has the front cut out for easy access whichever way up it is. Very easy to clean and wash out with a hose pipe, and cheap! The wooden thing to can see in the bottom left is one of those giant chew racks that you can buy from P@H, where the chew sticks are bound together through the middle with wire. We mould that into a manger type shape and use it as the container to place their fresh eating hay in. So you don't mind when they chew on it as a container! The litter trays we use are a standard cat litter tray from P@H, and the water bottle mesh holder is a spare bit of mesh I had left over after fox proofing their hutches and under runs. (My eight year old lad’s idea) I love it when you see pics of people’s setups on here, as it gives you all sort of good ideas to try.

You can still use your cage, I'd always try and make use of things that have been bought, just adapt it for different situations and see what works best.

Last edited:
This is my shed. It's actually a home to 3 guinea pigs at the moment and I'm in the process of bonding them to another 3 so it will eventually house 6. It's not quite finished, theres a lot I still want to do to it like adding another level to it, putting lino on the floor and insulating it. But it will do for now!

Here it is, can anyone spot the piggys hiding?

Image002.jpg

this is my shed:
audrey.jpg

only now it has 1 large dog bed, 1 small dog bed and 2 litter trays on the big shelf... oh, and the big middle shelf is higher now...

Here's mine:

16.jpg

Although it's now been painted!

And with the run attached:
IMG_9739.jpg

The shelf is a very popular place for the rabbits to sit!

Hannah

Back