• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny suppliment

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I'm sure i read on here earlier today about a suppliment for baby bunnies. I can't remember the thread details other than it was a lovely wild baby bunny someone was looking after.

Anyone know the suppliment name or the thread it was mentioned? Oh and where i can get some??

Thanks x

I posted on your other thread and I dont know if your referring to my post on the baby thread but I suggested adding probiotic to the milk feeds to help balance the gut bacteria and minimise the risk of a gastric infection.

yeah saw it thanks, it was something beginning with a C....??? I hadn't thought of goats milk as they are eating pellets and hay - is it worth giving them??

Found it, is cimicat or esbilac but looks like its for orphans who are not weaned, these are hay and pellet munchers so may just get some probiotic as you said. Thanks x

Found it, is cimicat or esbilac but looks like its for orphans who are not weaned, these are hay and pellet munchers so may just get some probiotic as you said. Thanks x

Cimicat and Esbilac are milk formula's :wave:

Colostrum, BTW, is what rabbits get from the first few feeds off mum and is vital to the developement of the immune system....it can be purchased in powdered form I believe.

Thanks Sooz, :wave: will have a look online tomorrow - I'm pooped x

Your guys will be too old to need Colostrum now as they are part weaned, I just thought you might like to know what it was for future reference.

Good Luck with the newbies :D

Back