• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets@Home Linked To Pets Corner?

March Hare

Warren Veteran
I have been meaning to ask about this for ages.....but keep forgetting!:roll:

Is Pets@Home affiliated in some way with the smaller Pets Corner pet shops? They seem to carry the exact same product lines, only on a smaller scale. I also discovered on Sunday that the Pets Corner in Crawley keeps rabbits and guinea pigs in together. :roll: :evil:

I have been meaning to ask about this for ages.....but keep forgetting!:roll:

Is Pets@Home affiliated in some way with the smaller Pets Corner pet shops? They seem to carry the exact same product lines, only on a smaller scale. I also discovered on Sunday that the Pets Corner in Crawley keeps rabbits and guinea pigs in together. :roll: :evil:

Not that I'm aware of. When you say similar products, bear in mind that there aren't that many products made specifically for PAH. Usually, it's branded as PAH. Most of the products that we sell can be bought in many other places.

No, not linked in anyway. I applied for a job with Pets Corner before I started at P@H, but was so shocked at what they kept there animals in, and there basic knowledge that I declined and went for P@H.

Most of the products that we sell can be bought in many other places.

Yes, I'm aware of that. It just seemed to me that a lot of the own branded products were VERY similar, and packaged very similarly.

I was appalled at the way the animals were kept in Pets Corner......rabbits and guineas together, and VERY small enclosures. I was REALLY wishing that I never went in. :evil: :cry: :cry:

Tamsin, if I'm not allowed to name the shop, feel free to delete at will !

Thats funny you should mention they still have animals because they were meant to be stopping selling them :?

HQ told me they were :evil:

Yes, I'm aware of that. It just seemed to me that a lot of the own branded products were VERY similar, and packaged very similarly.

I was appalled at the way the animals were kept in Pets Corner......rabbits and guineas together, and VERY small enclosures. I was REALLY wishing that I never went in. :evil: :cry: :cry:

Tamsin, if I'm not allowed to name the shop, feel free to delete at will !

There are many products, of all types that are produced on a mass scale for different brands. You see it in the shops all the time, two identical products but with different packaging and names. I suspect it's the same for pet products.

There is a Pets Corner near me that I have been to on a couple of occasions, thankfully they do not sell animals in that branch, but I still feel ashamed for even giving them my money :? They stock horrible budget muesli rabbit food, I asked why they still sold this and the woman seemed quite knowledgeable, obviously knowing that it was not the best choice of food, but the reason she gave was that the public demand it :roll: If pet shops don't set an example the public cannot be educated.

Thats funny you should mention they still have animals because they were meant to be stopping selling them :?

HQ told me they were :evil:

VERY interesting!!!!!:? The one in Crawley had several Lionhead bunnies in on Sunday, with a white guinea pig in with them......in VERY small enclosures.....they also have smaller pets too.:?

I used to work for Pets Corner.

not linked to p@h, but they treat their staff like poo, and animals no better than that

Back