• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any advice

misty moo

Warren Scout
i have a mini lop gal and am getting a male on friday (both will be done) ther runs will be side to side so they can see and sniff eachother frm the start but i was wondering how long i should leave them side by side befor i should start introduceing them (in my bathroom lol)
can someome help pleeze xx

Last edited:
With mine I did it immediately.

If you are going to get the bun, take yours with you, but take a seperate sterilised carrier with you.
- introduce them when you pick up the new bun
- put them in the carrier together
- bring them home in the sterile carrier, the drive should help them start to bond
- release them into the bath
- don't touch them unless they lock together and kick.
- humping chasing and fur pulling looks scary but is normal.
- let this happen (if it gets really hairy, bang on the floor and shout "no" but don't physically stop it unless you really have to)

-once they are calm give them more room
- don't leave hidey holes or territories as it could cause fights
- scatter food on the floor, don't use bowls (a shared water bowl is fine)
- don't seperate them once bonding has begun unless a massive fight happens and injuries occur
- be prepared not to sleep very well! :lol:

At that age I would let him eat as much as he wants as he's growing. Be sure he's being fed the same stuff as he's on now though so he doesn't get an upset tum.

Last edited:
thank you so how long do i spend at one time on bonding befor puting them back till the next time and how often do i do it?
do i try it every day?

You literally go for it and keep them together forever. do you have a little indoor run or something?
With mine I couldn't bond them in the bath cos they were too big but I put them in a run for 48hrs in the front room with towels and sheets on the floor, then took the run out and spread the used towels and sheets round the whole room so the smell was everywhere. I slept in the front room for 2 nights to make sure there were no fights over night, and by day 3 they were in lurve... :lol:

Phase 1
DSCN1162-1.jpg

Phase 2
DSCN1164-1.jpg

The quicker you get into it the easier it will be I think. If they sit opposite for a while there is always a chance they may decide they don't like each other's smell and then it's harder.

Hmmm, I've been told by the vet to quarintine new buns and worm them before letting them see the ones I already have. I think its a good precaution especially if they come from a rescue which does not vaccine etc. The SSPCA just sign a bunnie over to aslmost anyone, they don't really care.

Hmmm, I've been told by the vet to quarintine new buns and worm them before letting them see the ones I already have. I think its a good precaution especially if they come from a rescue which does not vaccine etc. The SSPCA just sign a bunnie over to aslmost anyone, they don't really care.

I guess it depends where you get them from.

Exactly. I notice most of the rescues on here are brilliant for what they do ith bunnies. Neutering and vaccinating before adopting is the best thing they could do.!

If he is only 9 weeks old he will not be neutered.:?
.if the place you are getting him from says he is ask for proof of his age and the vet who did the op

I would not introduce him to your girl before he is done..as when his hormones kick in he will pester her..
Is your girl speyed?
if not then you need to keep him away from her for 6 weeks after his op..then introduce them

Back