• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit food bowl and hay rack for 2

sasha_108

Warren Scout
What do you all use for your bunnies? I have looked everywhere, and all the bowls and hay racks just seem too small for 2 bunnies to use at the same time.

Any help much appriciated!

Clare

My two will happily use the Hay Mangers from PAH. But I am getting a basket for the hay soon x

Bowls, mine have the Creme ones that say Rabbit on the front, I have got 3 of those x
Jack x

I have bought a selection of metal magazine racks and assorted Mason and Cash cookware from car boots and charity shops for my buns.

The magazine racks make great mangers and it means that they stand freely in the run and the buns can attack it from both sides. I have also used those metal basket type things made for posh fruit baskets in posh kitchens.

To be honest, I never buy anything that is intended for buns as the price is usually steep. I find with a little imagination you can find brilliant stuff at boot sales that other people just walk past.:)

I've give up on hayracks as they're either too small, or the holes in them are too big and I don't like the idea of them catching a foot in them. At the moment I'm using the very small plastic dog beds, but they'll probably get ditched as they're using them as litter trays:roll:

For bowls I use small oblong casserole/lasagne dishes from Asda:D

I dont use food bowls.. i either sprinkle their pellets around the floor/hay or i use treatballs ;) Hay racks.. well my bunnies are indoors and i use half circle hanging baskets, vine balls and toilet rolls for hay;)

I have paced up and down pets at home, wilkos, and independent pets shops today with my toddler in tow and not once thought about looking at human pots! What a idiot, I will have to go again on Thursday and try again!

:)I use a large plastic storage box and put hay in that. They jump in and have a munch when they want. My rabbits are indoor so I find this causes less mess.:)

Bowls, mine have the Creme ones that say Rabbit on the front, I have got 3 of those x
Jack x

OMG I must have about 15 of those plus god know how many other sizes and colours. My bunsies share a large shallow dish like Jack uses and in one run I use an old wine rack for hay. It has 3 levels which the bunnies jump on.

We have the ceramic carrot bowls from P@H but our buns are pretty small...some great ideas here for bigger pairs!:) For hay we use little peg baskets from wilkos- 50p each...we attach them to the pen using the removable handle they have plus a bit of wire. Cheapest hay rack ever!

I have an Ikea kitchen basket thingy for a hay rack, works a treat, and a big bowl from the local pet shop!

Helen x

I have a big ceramic dog food bowl. I figure they don't care that there's pictures of doggies on the sides! They can both get their feet in it while they're eating too. :lol:

I put hay in the metal jingle balls and in flower pots, in the litter trays and in boxes, the manger things just look too little and stupid, besides the fact I have nowhere to hang it indoors. :roll:

get ones of those wire basket thingies that's for tidying bathroom things into. yo ucan hang it on hooks in a hutch, or tie it to mesh with cable ties. they hold loads of hay.

mine have got a wall basket thing meant for flowers i meshed the inside because i was paranoid :oops: they rarely eat from a bowl although they do have a little one from PAH

Back