• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am writing to the Local Pet Shop...

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
...If anyone in Sheffield knows the Pet shop on Station Road, near the Train Station at Chapeltown- they will probably have seen the hutches they are selling are no bigger that 3ft long:shock:- so I am thinking about writing to them saying about the size of the hutches...

Also...

They ar housing Guinea Pigs with Bunnies:censored::censored: so I am going to out something about that aswell!!:evil:...

Jack x

remember to be polite, give thems omething they want to hear

dont tell them they are wrong, explain how their hutches are not considered large enough...go into detail, and explain how it would be beneficial for their store to get larger hutches

you have to word it in a way they want to hear it xx

Good on you Jack, thats amazing!

I too will be writing out a letter within the next few days for a local petshop selling 2ft hutches labelled "rabbit hutch"...Also baby bunnies who cant be more than 6 weeks old, fully grown syrian hamsters all piled together in same sex and mixed sex groups in tiny tanks:shock: tiny tiny baby mice and a guinea pig pair labelled "both female" when they were CLEARLY one of each (courting noises were happening along with constant mounting, and one had a very suspicious tummy) Also this place has a sign which says "we cannot guarantee the sex of our animals" :roll::roll:

At least we will have ACTED and tried our very best for those animals. Good on you! And yes being polite and very official is the key...mention the recommended hutch sizes etc

:wave:

Good on you Jack, thats amazing!

I too will be writing out a letter within the next few days for a local petshop selling 2ft hutches labelled "rabbit hutch"...Also baby bunnies who cant be more than 6 weeks old, fully grown syrian hamsters all piled together in same sex and mixed sex groups in tiny tanks:shock: tiny tiny baby mice and a guinea pig pair labelled "both female" when they were CLEARLY one of each (courting noises were happening along with constant mounting, and one had a very suspicious tummy) Also this place has a sign which says "we cannot guarantee the sex of our animals" :roll::roll:

At least we will have ACTED and tried our very best for those animals. Good on you!

:wave:

Thanks! And you too! x
At least we can say "We ave tried our best to turn this pet shop around! x "
Jack x

yeah suggest that they would certainatly have more business if they supplied the larger hutches as all rabbit owners should be adhereing to rspca guidelines and reccomendations, would also suggest how larger hutches cost a lot more so their profit margin would benifit, i know its not the reason you want the larger hutches but appeal to their own nature!!any business wants to make more money! be nice and polite dont be patronising either,but try and be informative and helpful!

Hi Jack.
I have already tackled this petshop about a year ago. I asked to see the Manager (who I think is the owner) I told her about the piggies/rabbits living together BAD. She replied that she was a trained vet nurse and was a bit miffed. I said I would drop her some info off re all the reasons whu they should not live together and did so the following week. I gave her a fact sheet which people running pig rescues had help me put together and also printed off info from a number of sites on the internet including the RSPCA who also say it's not good.

It will be good for another person to go in there and say the same thing.
Bloody petshops I hate them.

Send me your email address and I will send you the fact sheet so you can brush up on what you know. Don't give it to her though as she will associate it with me and think it's a set up. Which it isn't.

Rabswood

Hi Jack.
I have already tackled this petshop about a year ago. I asked to see the Manager (who I think is the owner) I told her about the piggies/rabbits living together BAD. She replied that she was a trained vet nurse and was a bit miffed. I said I would drop her some info off re all the reasons whu they should not live together and did so the following week. I gave her a fact sheet which people running pig rescues had help me put together and also printed off info from a number of sites on the internet including the RSPCA who also say it's not good.

It will be good for another person to go in there and say the same thing.
Bloody petshops I hate them.

Send me your email address and I will send you the fact sheet so you can brush up on what you know. Don't give it to her though as she will associate it with me and think it's a set up. Which it isn't.

Rabswood

Go You!
Was it that little fat woman? I gave her a really dirty look the other day because she was feeding the buns and piggies, and was just ramming it in!

I will PM you my email address! Thanks. x
Jack x

Back