• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild baby rabbits (UD not feeding well)

caismeister

Alpha Buck
I'm doing my work experience from uni at a wildlife rehab centre and they have 5 wild baby rabbits in which i got to feed this morming:D. They are about 3 weeks old and are feeding well. I told the lady looking after them to try and find some ceacals from some of the adult buns that live at the centre. I found her some but i just wanted to find out are they added to the milk formula? and are they fed them with morning and evening feed?

Also they have a bun that will shortly be up for rehoming but at the mo he is very thin.He has been wormed and vet checked with no diagnosis. Would it be a good idea to feed some mashed rolled oats to him?

Last edited:
TO answer your first question, yes the caecals are added to the milk, along with maybe some cream if extra nourishment is needed. Feed them whenever you've got them really, fresh as possible. :)

And secondly, for your skinny bun, porridge (rolled oats) made with warm water and left to cool and fed twice a day will do him wonders. Some people add mashed banana or pear to make it sweeter to make the buns eat it. :)

Hope this helps. :wave:

Last edited:
Be careful adding ceacals if you have no confirmation that the adult is healthy or has been wormed (EC), an alternative is to add probiotic to the feed instead.

Make sur the porridge is VERY WELL SOAKED so that the oats do not swell in the rabbits tummy, mine adore porridge with teaspoon of blackberry baby food stirred in.

I adored working at our wildlife center, I was gutted when it closed down :cry:

Be careful adding ceacals if you have no confirmation that the adult is healthy or has been wormed (EC), an alternative is to add probiotic to the feed instead.

Make sur the porridge is VERY WELL SOAKED so that the oats do not swell in the rabbits tummy, mine adore porridge with teaspoon of blackberry baby food stirred in.

I adored working at our wildlife center, I was gutted when it closed down :cry:

How much pro biotic would be needed?

All 5 babies are still alive were feeding on grass yesterday but this morning they seemed much thinner and did not feed as well as they were. I fear we may start losing them if they won't feed

Back