• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas to help raise funds for Muffins Op, Housing, Runs and pay for Vet bills

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Hey i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how i can raise money.
I run a rabbit rescue in Dagenham. Muffin the little diva needs all 4 incisors out and ive been told itll cost a minimum of £100 (ouch!)

And i need more fundraising ideas for speying/neutering new arrivals ( there are currently 10 needing the op, and funds are tight) !!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Have you considered setting up a sponsorship scheme? A few of the rescues do this and they usually send out sponsor packs, the contents of which get more interesting the longer people sponsor, for example you could have a 3 month pack, 6 month pack or 12 month pack.

This works best for permemnant residents though.

That sounds like a really good idea, would it mind if i let some of my own rabbits be sponsored as they are obviously going to be here the rest of their lives? What sort of things do you put in them?

Are any of your own rabbits ones you aquired through the rescue?

Two of mine, Bobby & Lexie, are permenant Happy Hoppers so they were 'technically' open to sponsorship though I paid 50% of their vets bills myself rather than from the rescue funds.

Was thinking of that Steph, don't know if i have anything worth selling!!:D

and technically no, they arent, though i did take in one before i started a rescue because a pet shop was abusing her in the way they handled and treated her. One was given to me as they needed rid when they moved house, id seen a pic and fell in love with her, the other was from an unexpected litter of my ex's dads bosses rabbit and the last is one of the pet shop rabbits babies!!

I would say no you cannot ask for sponsorship for your own pets

but the rescues can be:D
Boot sales are great for raising funds..also sponsored things..if you know people who will do them:?

Ive heard of rescues getting people to sponsor their hutches? But i don't quite get how that works?!

Car boot ? :D

You could collect stuff from friends/family/colleagues for a carboot.

I do a bric a brac stall once a year for my local RSPCA and collect stuff from friends etc what's left goes to the RSPCA charity shop. Trouble is now friends and family etc keep giving me stuff all year round so every couple of months I have to do an RSPCA charity shop visit to get rid of it all. So you will find people soon get into the habit of giving you stuff, you just need somewhere to store it.

Also summer is on the way so it's carboot season.
Good luck

Rabswood

You could collect stuff from friends/family/colleagues for a carboot.

I do a bric a brac stall once a year for my local RSPCA and collect stuff from friends etc what's left goes to the RSPCA charity shop. Trouble is now friends and family etc keep giving me stuff all year round so every couple of months I have to do an RSPCA charity shop visit to get rid of it all. So you will find people soon get into the habit of giving you stuff, you just need somewhere to store it.

Also summer is on the way so it's carboot season.
Good luck

Rabswood

True, i'll have to ask around!
Have you got a cupboard dedicated to bric a brack?! Sounds like you get a lot!!:D

Hiya, im in essex too, they do big boot sales in boreham nr chelmsford every sunday...

if you did one there i would be more than willing to come and help out for the day!

Ive heard of rescues getting people to sponsor their hutches? But i don't quite get how that works?!

Sponsoring a hutch would be a good idea if you don't have long term residence or permenant rescue buns there - I'v taken this off of the SSPCA website who offer such an sponorship scheme:

Sponsor a Space with the Scottish SPCA
By sponsoring a Space at our Animal Welfare Centres your money will directly help support a particular stable, kennel or unit throughout the coming year. This means that your money will be used in caring for and rehoming not just one animal, but all animals who use that particular space over the next 12 months.

• You will be giving injured, abused and neglected animals a second chance of life and the opportunity to find the loving home they deserve or to be released back to their natural habitat

• You will receive a gift pack including your Sponsorship Certificate, animal bookmark, postcard and a spotty Scottish SPCA ribbon
• Your name will be displayed at the Animal Welfare Centre as an official sponsor

• You will be welcome to drop in any time during opening hours to visit the centre and see for yourself what your sponsorship is achieving (Please make an appointment to visit Middlebank)

Obviously the last two points are only relevant to places open to the public!

Hannah

Sponsoring a hutch would be a good idea if you don't have long term residence or permenant rescue buns there - I'v taken this off of the SSPCA website who offer such an sponorship scheme:

Obviously the last two points are only relevant to places open to the public!

Hannah

Brilliant, i'm going to try and put this in to action over the next month.!!
Thanks a lot!!

and ill make posters etc to put on the table and stuff!!

hope u dont think im a weirdo :lol::lol::lol:

Nah i think its great :D:)
Would there be any chance at all you could pick me up on the way there as i rely on my mum for transport and she is being a bit iffy at the moment :( i could pay you £5 for petrol?

id be getting a lift to, and i spoke 2 my mum and she said its about 45 minutes, where as the bootfair is like 20 minutes, so it would be over an hour if we went round to dagenham first :(

maybe put a post up in general chat to see if anyone fancys helping out at the bootfair and could possibly give you a lift? hopefully your mum will help you get there as its for the bunsters

my mum suggested i should wear a bunny costume to get people to come to the stall:shock::shock::shock:

:lol:

id be getting a lift to, and i spoke 2 my mum and she said its about 45 minutes, where as the bootfair is like 20 minutes, so it would be over an hour if we went round to dagenham first :(

maybe put a post up in general chat to see if anyone fancys helping out at the bootfair and could possibly give you a lift? hopefully your mum will help you get there as its for the bunsters

my mum suggested i should wear a bunny costume to get people to come to the stall:shock::shock::shock:

:lol:

I think she will if i pester her for a week!!

Wow!!!:D are you going to?!:shock: That would be hilarious!!!

Back