• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I shouldn't go in pet shops

Lynette

Warren Scout
well... this is my first post in a while. For any of you who don't know (which will probably be most) I have the two most lovely bonded pair of buns which i've had from rescues.They live in the garage and have plenty of time, space etc.

I was really naughty today and bored on my lunch break and popped in the 'dreaded' Pets at Home - only to look at the pets and know I shouldn't get them because they are from a Pet Shop.

Well the trouble is I saw the adoption corner and saw the lovliest bun i've ever seen (apart from my two darlings) and oh my gosh do I want her.

The problems are that she comes with a guinea pig which they wont rehome on it's own, but they say they are very happy together! Is that a really bad idea? :shock: Sigh!

Also where to put them, indoors or in the garage! Would an unspayed female be ok in the same room as my others. But of course sectioned off!

At the moment Rusty and Willow go to OH's parents for their holiday's (when we are away). They are more then happy and capable of looking after them. Although it would be unfair of me to ask them to look after more.

I think there are more cons then pros (and the moral dilema of it being a pet shop). What do you lot think? I'm bunny love sick!

Sorry for such a long post and terrible spelling :D

XX Lynette XX

If you were to take the pair on i would be vary cautious and want to seperate giunea pig and rabbit, get each a freind of its own from a rescue, or try and bond the female bun when speyed into my pair and get a freind of own kind for gp. it is up to you as you know what sortv amount of animals you can take but there are helath problems feeding problems and can hurt each other aspects related to the pairing of gps and buns, i would complain to manager and head offfice as it is company policy for pah not to put gp and buns together.

I agree with you about them. I don't understand why they want to rehome together. I asked her about this and new it was their new policy, but she said it was different as they had been brought in together. She would not seperate them for me. I could take on two more (bonded) but I can't give enough time to three bonded pairs. I'm gutted but trying to be sensible.

:(

I agree with you about them. I don't understand why they want to rehome together. I asked her about this and new it was their new policy, but she said it was different as they had been brought in together. She would not seperate them for me. I could take on two more (bonded) but I can't give enough time to three bonded pairs. I'm gutted but trying to be sensible.

:(

you can only do so much and only do your best... whatever you do at least you cared enough to try xx

Hi Lynette:wave: Glad to hear Willow is well

The bun and pig would need to be split..and then need one of their own kind for company..
also putting an un neutered bun near your pair could start them fighting if they see/smell her..
my advice...stay away from pet shops....sorry:(

I agree Jill. She was just so lovely and wanted her to have a good home. I shall just hope that someone who knows enough about rabbits will have her. Willow and Rusty are fab. You should see them together, they are really in love. They groom each other and you can't seperate the pair of them, not that i'd want to! :D

Back