• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age to start bonding my baby with my male?

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
I have a year and half old male rabbit and have just got an 8 week old baby rabbit girl. She is very tame and has settled brilliantly. What age do you think I should start introducing her to him? I wondered if at such a young age, her may not realise (hormone/phermone?) that she is a female rabbit?

I was about to ask the same thing.

If he isn't neutered then do not bond them until he has been done and you have waited another couple of months.

If he is neutered I think you could try now but watch them very closely as he could cause a lot of damage if he becomes aggressive towards her.

Yep I'd try now, I introduced Daisy (8wks) to Gabriel (18months) and he was very protective of her and loved her instantly ! She did however turn into a little madam when hormones kicked in and i got her spayed quick smart at 16wks. I did keep her separate in an indoor cage while she recovered for a week and he sat and watched over her, re-introduction was fairly easy. Good Luck ! X

Back