• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

quick question re bonding

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I have decided to be brave and bond my little wild bun with my domestic bun. :shock: Should I bond them in the bath :lol: (sorry it sounds funny!) or bond them in the new run?

I have decided to be brave and bond my little wild bun with my domestic bun. :shock: Should I bond them in the bath :lol: (sorry it sounds funny!) or bond them in the new run?

Wherever you feel comfortable that you can intervene if necessary. I like the bath for first intro as its easy to split scuffles. I put a bath mat in to stop bunnies slipping about and some hay for a distraction. The smaller the space the better at first.

I bonded Nushka & Bungle on Sat and went - bath, bathroom floor, run , crate and run and I'll move them to their new home once i see cuddles and grooming.

Wherever you feel comfortable that you can intervene if necessary. I like the bath for first intro as its easy to split scuffles. I put a bath mat in to stop bunnies slipping about and some hay for a distraction. The smaller the space the better at first.

I bonded Nushka & Bungle on Sat and went - bath, bathroom floor, run , crate and run and I'll move them to their new home once i see cuddles and grooming.

Think I'll feel more comfortable with them in the bath, like you say easy to split them up if any trouble starts!

Back