• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and catflaps

I have a cat flap between one playhouse and their run. They have no problems using it, you just need to hold some yummy food the other side of it when they first have it to encourage them to use it :D

My O/H built a special little rabbit-sized door at the top of a ramp for her to come in and out of her rabbit room. It opens like a human door but is secured with a bolt at night and kept open in the day. (We thought maybe bun wouldn't like the plastic catflap touching her head and could find no sideways ones). - Sue:wave:

Mine have a catflap in the garage wall into a run and all three have been really easy to train.

I found they sussed it out quicker when you placed them in the run outside. They showed more interest trying to get inside to their food and cage, rather than the other way around.

Here are some photos of training Connie recently :lol:
picture6.jpg

picture5.jpg

picture7.jpg

Lian x

I have a cat flap for my cat, my bun has shown some interest it it! I imagine it won't be long before she is hopping out of it behind the cat! :D

Thanks guys :wave:
My shed is coming in the next week or so and im attaching their existing run to it and i think cat flap type thing would be the best for them to get in and out :D

I prop the catflap open for a while until they get used to it, but they soon get the hang of it.

I have a lockable catflap, but one of my buns messes about with the buttons and manages to lock herself out so I have had to take the buttons off now:roll:

My foster bun Henry took 10 minutes to start using his cat flap from his playhouse to his run and he doesnt have great eyesight :D I dont think it takes them long :)

I have a lockable catflap, but one of my buns messes about with the buttons and manages to lock herself out so I have had to take the buttons off now

Same here. Mine chewed the catches so it no longer locks :roll::lol:My giants sussed it very, very quickly by leaving it open a couple of times with food on the other side - I think they picked it up quicker than cats do! :lol:

Back