• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great Way to Weigh Bunnies?

I've got an old mechanical spring balance scale that I used to use for fishing and later on it was used for weighing horse feed and haynets. I've weighed cats in carriers with it too.:D It's an olde worlde version of that digital one.

To weigh Upton I sit him in a roasting dish on top of the kitchen scales.
I'm sure he thinks I'm planning on cooking him. :lol:

I do it like I do it with the airplane luggage. Weigth myself without it, weigth myself carrying it and then calculate the difference. Never worked though :lol:

So I trust the vet if it is really important :D

what a great idea, o/h only asked me what I wanted for my birthday at the weekend and I'd said decent scales to weigh the animals, so this is perfect!:D

That is soooooooo cool! I love it! Oh no, looks like there's another web site I'm going to have to keep looking at.:lol::lol::lol:

yeah I love lakeland - they're really good to deal with too - I had an order at Christmas and one of the boxes of sweets was burst open - they let me keep all the sweets and refunded me too! :p

I've got an old mechanical spring balance scale that I used to use for fishing and later on it was used for weighing horse feed and haynets. I've weighed cats in carriers with it too.:D It's an olde worlde version of that digital one.

To weigh Upton I sit him in a roasting dish on top of the kitchen scales.
I'm sure he thinks I'm planning on cooking him. :lol:

i put mine in a lasagne dish, they just fit :lol:

but once i left poppy there for a few minutes cos i got distracted and some guests came in and were appalled!

but once i left poppy there for a few minutes cos i got distracted and some guests came in and were appalled![/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just weigh the carrier on the bathroom scales and then weigh the bun in the carrier.. and take off the carrier weight.. easy peasy :)

One of the vets I go to have those, but bigger. I weigh Comet in a tissue box on the electronic kitchen scales and Valerie fits at a push.... but I'd like some of those. I have the old brass version, fish hook scale which is ok for the cats, I weigh them on them in a carrier bag, which they seem to like. :D

You'd need to check what the accuracy was. With rabbit you really want it down to +-20g. That's why baby/kitchen scales are good as they are usually quite accurate.

I just use kitchen scales (carrier optional) :D

scamp201.jpg

Back