• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I despair at times!

Ok - everyone is condeming him,(I assume its a bloke ?) but basically he just wants his rabbit to be happy(which he equates with mating)-so his intentions are good- he just needs a bit of rabbit education. Is there anyone on here that has access to preloved that could advise him(without being cross).-Sue :wave:

yeah I would say ignorant rather than evil - have a closer look at the photo - there's a poor little guinea pig in with this frustrated buck :cry:

[B][U]A plea for anyone with access to leave a message on preloved[/U][/B]

oh dear :(- I didn't see first look, as I didn't enlarge the photo. Yes -very ignorant of both rabbit and guinea pig care-BUT - someone has to tell him else he will never change.
yes - I know- he may not change anyway, but he certainly WON't change if no-one tells him- he will continue to think that mating is the way to keep his rabbit happy.

A plea for anyone with access to leave a message on preloved

to leave this person a message politely giving him some good advice for his frustrated rabbit-Sue

ps -let's hope the guinea-pig was just put in there to make a nice photo.

I have access what should I say?!

just say there's a lot of unwanted rabbits in rescue, and rather than breeding more he could simply take the bunny to be neutered at the vets for about £50, which would make him a much calmer rabbit, stop him spraying urine, and make him a really lovely pet to have around the house too :)

I have passed on the advice and also told her if she it truly wanting rid of him to contact me and I will let you know so then he can be re-homed correctly rather then end up in the hands of a backyard breeder!!

It didn't sound like they wanted to rehome him at all - just that he was sexually frustrated so they wanted to offer his 'services' to anyone who had a female rabbit to impregnate - barmy and very temporary solution to a simple problem :roll:

The bunny we're taking shortly needs neutering, and they are saving up for it at the moment, so I suggested giving him a teddy to keep him occupied. That seemed to work! :lol: He won't leave it alone now, and won't even let them take it away to wash it even though it's 'damp' :roll::lol::lol:
Maybe that could be a stopgap until they get him to the vet...

Hi there,
Thank you for contacting me regarding breeding my rabbit. I am not planning to get rid of him, i couldnt part with him, he is my big baby. I dont really want to go down the road of neutering him which is why i am looking to breed with him.
Thank you for the information though.

This is the reply I recieved!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

this is the same advertee that i sent a nice freindly message too a few weeks back i mentioned about neutering and getting a pal, but they werent interested.and this is the new ad which now states doesnt want to neuter. not sure occasional hump will satisfy the poor bun but i guess we have all tried to give kindly advice and that is all we can do.owner is trying to do best (tho misguided) for their bun and we have to leave it there i think.

well I would suggest getting the rabbit a teddybear before totally giving up - it could work - although make sure he knows some rabbits chew, so the toy needs daily checking over...keep it to words of one syllable though :roll:

Its a girl and she seems to love this bunny but for some reason she doesnt want him neutered... I do not understand why. I did try but I just don't know!?! :roll: Its a strange one. It means instead of buying a boy and a girl backyard breeders just need a girl... Its worrying really! :shock:

Back