• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chance Has To Have Incisors Out :(

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
We have been to vets today as Buddabun's Jack was having a check up after her incisor removal. All good there which is great!

I took Chance with me as he had a dental a few weeks ago and one of his incisors is back with a vengeance. Well the bad news is he has to have them out :( It is in his best interests though as he can't keeps going on like this. He was such a good boy in there.... he is a lovely bun. Wish he didn't have to suffer this. Hopefully once the incisors are out he will wear the molars alot better too, so it should make things better all round. Just gotta get through the op, a week Thursday, which is giving me nightmares already. :shock:

It is SO difficult to watch them go through this, isn't it? :cry: But just think of how brilliantly Jack is doing.....as did my Binky after he had HIS incisors out. I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for a smooth op and speedy recovery for Chance!!! ::hugs:: xxx

Thanks March Hare... it is comforting to know how many people have gone through this with their buns and had success.... unfortunately for Chance now, I think this is the only option.

Hello - Opal had hers out top and bottom 11 days ago - she was a bit low for 2-3 days but soon started eating her excel pellets that I pre-softened for her with a bit of water. Offer lots of soft food that can easily be picked up in the mouth - small bite sized peices, and all will soon be back to normal.

Opal is chasing her sister and is back to full health :D

Don't worry too much but I know that's easier said than done.

Hello - Opal had hers out top and bottom 11 days ago - she was a bit low for 2-3 days but soon started eating her excel pellets that I pre-softened for her with a bit of water. Offer lots of soft food that can easily be picked up in the mouth - small bite sized peices, and all will soon be back to normal.

Opal is chasing her sister and is back to full health :D

Don't worry too much but I know that's easier said than done.

Thanks hun, I am having to grate up veg for him now as it is, but the softened pellets idea is great. Did you just add some warm water to them?

My Pepper's and Noah have both been through this op and hav been briliant since.:D It is amazing how they manage. I do cut up their veg, but to be honest I think they play me, as I've seen them pinching their hutch mates food when it looks more tempting than their own!:lol: Lots of luck for the op, let us know how he gets on. Peppers in in for another GA himself this week ( but not because of teeth probs) so hopefully Chance will feel much better once it's over with.:D

Fill the bowl up with pellets as normal then add enough water to cover - let them sit for about a minute to take in some of the water. Drain out any excess water and serve!!

Go sit on your lawn with a pair of scissors and a small container - cut 1cm long peices of grass until container is full. Serve as side order to pellets!!:lol:

The cut grass is the first thing Opal started eating after her op.

Excellent! Unfortunately I don't have a lawn but will be able to get lots of grass from the yard where my horsey is. There are lots of wild buns there though, so am worried about disease.

awww poor Chance. But like you said it's really the only option left. I'm sure he's going to be fine and it seems like lots of other buns have been through this. He shoud start a little group of toothless bunnies to share their experiences and support:D

Thinking of you and Chance

Me and Mackenzie are going back to see Anita tomorrow to book in for his incisor removal. I want him back up to health for his bonding so we need to get them done asap.

We will probably be having them done next Tuesday or Friday, whenever Anita is rostered on for surgery.

Squidgy's been incisorless for over 5 years now. He has no molar problems whatsoever, and manages to eat just fine. We chop veggies into strips for him.

Squidgy says: "I mangae quite nicely thank you!"

DSCN0443.jpg

I'm sure Chance will be just fine.

Poor Chance :cry: but it is really comforting to know how well they cope afterwards. Dillon is booked in at the vets tonight and I think they are going to recommend he has them removed also :cry: Really worrying.

awww vibes for Chance... Jack is so much happier now (well now she's had the molars burred as well :shock:) than she was before - all those trips to get her incisors was really stressing her.

It's so worrying watching them go through it but you know it's the best thing for him. Thinking of you hon.

Nose rubs for Chance :love:

Aww hope all goes well and chance recovers quick,

One of the rescue buns here Muffin needs it done, however im on a tight budget so need some fundraising ideas to fund his Op.

The worst thing about it is knowing they may still grow back, I'd feel awful putting a bun through that op twice as its so brutal. Still its only about a 10% chance.

The worst thing about it is knowing they may still grow back, I'd feel awful putting a bun through that op twice as its so brutal. Still its only about a 10% chance.

Yeah I am really hoping that this op is successful. His incisors as you probably know Sooz, grow at all weird angles..... I think really this is gonna be the way forward for this little guy. Its awful when they have to go through this. :cry: But still looking at how Jack copes now, I think it will be for the best.

Yeah I am really hoping that this op is successful. His incisors as you probably know Sooz, grow at all weird angles..... I think really this is gonna be the way forward for this little guy. Its awful when they have to go through this. :cry: But still looking at how Jack copes now, I think it will be for the best.

Actually we never noticed an issue with his incisors whilst he was here, he had a molar burr during his neuter and they didnt need any work then and of course he had oral meds too so I saw them everyday.

Its strange that they have suddenly ended up like this after so many years but then we know dental issues can start at anytime. I wonder if the roots have started to twist or if he has knocked his mouth?

Back