• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Excel Changed - Please Help

Kirsty&Lola

Mama Doe
Just bought a new huge bag of Excel pellets for Lola. Normally she goes CRAZY for them. I was opening the bag and she was doing her usual running around but when i put the bowl down she sniffed and walked away. She's eating loads of hay and veg so its not like she's poorly. She's now begging in the kitchen for more pellets even though she has a bowl full.

Has anyone else noticed a change in Excel pellets recently??

I opened a new bag and they felt different in texture and I noticed a lot were weirdly clumped together - but I wondere if it was just cos my old bag had been open a long time and gone "stale" :?

Has anyone got an old bag and a new bag to compare nutrition info?

ah!! 2 out of 7 of my bunnies won't eat it either!! I have i even opened a new bag of it but they still don't want to know! I have had to resort to giving them a mix which they are eating! i wonder if they have changed the ingredients?

i wish i had kept the old bag to have a look. they are rounder shaped i think. they looked different when i opened the bag. Lola is currently throwing a paddy in the kitchen but i keep telling her she's just going to get used to it for now because i can't go to the shop now:roll:

i got a new bag of the junior/dwarf a couple of weeks back and i definately noticed they'd changed in appearance. i didn't think to compare info on the bags though.

fat boy wasn't bothered though, still wolfs them down!

its very strange that Lola has turned her nose up at them. she loves them so much. she's really not happy at the minute. looks like i may be going shopping for other brands tomorrow:roll:

its very strange that Lola has turned her nose up at them. she loves them so much. she's really not happy at the minute. looks like i may be going shopping for other brands tomorrow:roll:

P@H pellets are very similar to Excell.... or maybe nows the time to switch to SS. :)

I got a bag the other day and they seem more gritty in texture with more stuff stuck to them. We've got some aboarders here for 7 weeks and they were eating the old bag fine but wont touch this new stuff:?

the only reason we havent changed before is that she loves the excel pellets and they don't upset her tummy at all. Looks like we are going to change now though. She's just picked at a few but left the rest. VERY strange for Lola. Normally she would do ANYTHING for her pellets. Does anyone know anywhere in the Doncaster area that sells big bags of SS, like 10kg bags?

There's a place in Rotherham Kirsty if that's any good, we get our big sacks of SS from there. Dont worry either about bringing food here for her, it's included in the price, just let me know what you are feeding her on:D

There's a place in Rotherham Kirsty if that's any good, we get our big sacks of SS from there. Dont worry either about bringing food here for her, it's included in the price, just let me know what you are feeding her on:D

aww thats really great, i was going to pack her up with food aswell. She is picking at the pellets but eating loads of hay instead which isnt a bad thing. If they don't grow on her ill try changing to SS:D

No probs, you only need Lola, her vaccination certs and any toys she might like to bring with her, everything else is provided. If you want us to pick you up a large sack of SS whilst you're away that's no problem and you can pay us when you get back.

No probs, you only need Lola, her vaccination certs and any toys she might like to bring with her, everything else is provided. If you want us to pick you up a large sack of SS whilst you're away that's no problem and you can pay us when you get back.

Thanks so much. I'll definately let you know if we need some getting. She is currently laying next to the half full bowl and looking at me in disgust:roll::lol:

The bunnies still eat them fine, but i noticed there is some stuck together in clumps, which i haven't noticed before

Timmy won't TOUCH any from my new bag, and Lola, Petie, and Suzy have only been eating about a third of theirs. :?

Timmy won't TOUCH any from my new bag, and Lola, Petie, and Suzy have only been eating about a third of theirs. :?

Thats like what Lolas doing. Ive brought the bowl into the living room and she's nibbled at a few but usually she doesnt move until the bowl is empty. Very strange:? She's eating hay so i know she won't starve i just feel mean because she used to really look forward to her pellets.

I found my last batch were not as nice smelling, they used to smell sort of minty, but these didn't. I tried P@H nuggets this time and they like these. They smell nice too! :)

I have just been given 2 big sacks of these as someone else's bun would not eat them any more.....mine don't seem to mind! :) these are priced at £6.99 a bag so that's saved me a few pennies! :D

Thats like what Lolas doing. Ive brought the bowl into the living room and she's nibbled at a few but usually she doesnt move until the bowl is empty. Very strange:? She's eating hay so i know she won't starve i just feel mean because she used to really look forward to her pellets.

Sounds VERY familiar! :roll: Petie, Lola, and Suzy usually fall all over themselves - and each other! - trying to get to the bowl fast, and sit there and eat.....and eat.....and EAT! They come rushing to the bowl now.....but then sniff and walk away. It has really upset me, as they have always enjoyed it SO much. If they don't start eating it and actually ENJOYING it a bit more by the end of the week, I think I am going to try mixing a few SS pellets in with it to see if that helps any. :( :(

Back