• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is the dominant bun in your family a doe?

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
After browsing the forums for a few months, it occurs to me that when people mention a dominant bun it is usually a doe.
My own pair follow this too - my dominant one of the pair is female, but she is also larger, so I wondered what other folks find in their bunny families! :wave:

i think alvin is the dominant bun, he refuses to groom first so pearl always gives in. he does a lot of humping too.... altho she steals food from his mouth so i guess she sisnt totally submissive

Audrey is definately the boss...she is always first for the food and takes it off Monty...whenever he is flopped out she tries humping him....poor lad!! She does groom him though when they have their little "head butting" competition (i.e. who can get their head lowest, so the other has to groom:lol:)

In both our groupings a boy is dominant. I think girls are more likely to want to be dominant over their people and each other. They seem to guard the territory from outsiders but still give in to the male in their particular grouping.

In my previous pairs the does were the dominant partner, and with my current ones it's the same for Sunnie and Cloud. In my trio I think that Snoopy is the dominant boy, and Penny is the dominant of the two girls. Which means that Luna usually gets her fur pulled. But most of the time they are all snuggled up.

in both my pairs it's the does that are dominant! :D

i'm also the dominant one in relationship with O/H !!! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't have any bonded pairs, but the times I do let them meet its actually Sasuke who seems to be the boss:shock:
Zakura is neutered, and either runs or get humped whenever Sasuke appears.
Aroma has tried to hump Sasuke but he ran of from under here and humped her in return, never letting her have a moment of peace.
Whether its because he simply is more dominant or just very horny I don't really know...Most other times I've watched and un-neutered male and female together the female is often still dominant.

My two girls who are bonded are sisters. Penny 'Pocket' is the dominant psycho one and she is the smallest! I just think she's got more to prove cause she's smaller - ahhh x:lol:

Ours used to be a girl, Charlie, but since she went to the bridge we have only had the one bonded pair. Its hard to tell whos boss and they had quite a few dominance scraps as they were being bonded...now they groom eachother equally, nip eachother equally...at a push id say it may be Joey (the boy) but Fae can be SUCH a madam (they love eachother really!)

In my bonded group of four, Miles is definitely in charge, and in the bonded pair, it's Benny. So both bucks in my case! :lol:

AMETHYST

Definatly Mona, my eldest doe. She is queen of the garden and although she is 60, she is as feisty as ever trying to eat the buns she doesn't like and bossing me into keeping her out longer. She's such a little madam but I wouldn't change her for the world.

2 of my 3 females are dominant....the other remains to be seen as she has not yet been tried with another rabbit.

Smudge is definately the dominant female of my only bonded pair. She stamps and growls if charcoal is out of her sight, and grooms and nuzzles him all the time for attention - he looks so hen pecked at times!:) Plus she chases and bites my other females on sight now. However Charcoal can be dominant against my neighbours cats - they wont come in the garden if he's out!:lol: My other pair are bro and sis so fight anyway, and Fudge is a single female.

I have 3 mixed sex pairs, and in one pair the male is the boss, in one pair the female is the boss, and in other pair neither seems to be the boss. :D

Amy

Back