• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mucus covered droppings, NOT caecotrophs..

pepsiandcokey

Young Bun
my podgy lop rabbit has mainly a diet of hay and very few pellets. when i had him from a rescue home he was overweight and so i stuuck to his regular diet to help him lose it. he is slimmer now but every now and again gets this mucus which comes out onto the carpet sometimes on its own or sometimes accompanied by solid droppings coated in the mucus.
hoping to get an appointment at vets tomorow, but can anyone put my mind at rest? he is currently on only hay and a few pellets...
cheers

thanks for teh link

its more watery then anything and it isnt see through like someone suggested on the other post.

i couldnt tell if its really jelly like as i only see it when trodden into my carpet!

just looking now he has left a good pile of solid pellets next to my tv so it isnt a constant thing

Back