• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going on holiday

cazh

Warren Scout
Sorry, posted this in the wrong section...

Hi all,

Thought i'd ask your advice as you've been so helpful to me in the past.

I'm going on holiday on Wednesday for ten days and my friend is going to look after my rabbit. Unfortunately it's not possible for my friend to stay at my house or for her/or anyone to pop in while i'm away so i'm taking the rabbit round to her flat. She's never had rabbits before and doesn't know how to look after them but i've written her a very long list of how to look after her/what and how much to feed/what to look out for etc and prepped her so she's hopefully now got some rabbit knowledge! She's really excited about having her stay and she loves her as she was there when I bought her, so will probably play with her 24/7 but i'm still a bit worried about leaving her for so long!!

Will she be ok in a completely different environment? I don't want her to go into shock and stop eating! But my friend has promised me she'll make sure she's ok and will let me know if she is at all worried about her. Am I a bad rabbit owner for leaving her for so long and will she be ok at someone else's house?! If there was any way at all she could stay at mine then I wouldn't make her move.

Sorry for the long post!

You are allowed to go on holiday!!
I'm sure your bun will be fine. What does she live in at your house? It will be best to take that to your friend's along with her favourite toys, food bowl etc.
I'm sure she'll be fine.
Tell your friend about this site, and she can pop on if she's concerned about anything.
The most important thing to tell her is how serious it is if your bun stops eating.

Back